river tubing/not a strong swimmer

kathylee

My group is considering a tubing tour with Antours. My concern is that I am not a strong swimmer. I have done water activities before. Just wanted advice from someone who has done this tour. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
My group is considering a tubing tour with Antours. My concern is that I am not a strong swimmer. I have done water activities before. Just wanted advice from someone who has done this tour. Thanks!

I just posted on the other thread about this as well. This is an "intense" experience for sure. I'm not sure you need to be able to swim strongly though. You don't have to "swim" at all. You'll be wearing a life jacket. The water we encountered in the river wasn't need enough that you couldn't stand, however, the rapids were racing. What's more important is that you're able to hop in and out of your tube while the rapids are going, and stand in the rocks when you're prompted to do so. I have full details of his excursion in my photo review if you'd like more information.

Just got off of Jewel of the Seas, we did a tour with Antour but I WOULD NOT book with them if they tell you that HENRYFORD or ANTHONY will be meeting you at the pier. Without getting into details (because this was such an aggravating day) after writting to Antours on the ship to tell him of our horrid experience with his company, he explained the series of unfortunate events that my husband and I experienced with HENRYFORD & ANTHONY and told me they were going to be let go. Now they can say anything they want but I am putting out a word of warning that if either of those men are still working for Antours do not book with them. Our day was terrible and too long!!!

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

• 2 weeks later...