Pre Cruise plans HELP

narling94

Hello everyone!

I'm new to Cruise Critic, I need some advice.

I have the Adventure of the Seas booked for May 16 out of San Juan. The ship leaves at 8pm. My flight gets there at 12pm.

My family wanted to roam old San Juan a little bit before boarding. My question is does anyone know if you are allowed to board and then come back into town after we get lunch on the ship?

Or should we drop our luggage off at the ship and board once we're done walking old San Juan?

Thank you so much!!

Looking for some of the same information but, our flight comes in the night before at 10:30 pm. Will it be safe to get a taxi to Marriott at that time of night and will taxi be available? Also something to do next day before boarding the ship which sails at 8:30 pm.

Thanks any information will be helpful.

Marcy:)

Looking for some of the same information but, our flight comes in the night before at 10:30 pm. Will it be safe to get a taxi to Marriott at that time of night and will taxi be available? Also something to do next day before boarding the ship which sails at 8:30 pm.

Thanks any information will be helpful.

Marcy:)

When you leave the airport, there is a line for taxis. There will be plenty and the line will go quickly. We got in at 1am and had no problems going to our hotel by taxi.

If you want to walk around Old San Juan, you can take a taxi to Barrachina's restaurant http://barrachina.com/ and leave your luggage. They provide free luggage storage (just leave a tip in the jar ;) ) from 9-5 I believe. You can walk from there to both forts and all over San Juan.

When you leave the airport, there is a line for taxis. There will be plenty and the line will go quickly. We got in at 1am and had no problems going to our hotel by taxi.

If you want to walk around Old San Juan, you can take a taxi to Barrachina's restaurant http://barrachina.com/ and leave your luggage. They provide free luggage storage (just leave a tip in the jar ;) ) from 9-5 I believe. You can walk from there to both forts and all over San Juan.

Thank you so much:D

Hello everyone!

I'm new to Cruise Critic, I need some advice.

I have the Adventure of the Seas booked for May 16 out of San Juan. The ship leaves at 8pm. My flight gets there at 12pm.

My family wanted to roam old San Juan a little bit before boarding. My question is does anyone know if you are allowed to board and then come back into town after we get lunch on the ship?

Or should we drop our luggage off at the ship and board once we're done walking old San Juan?

Thank you so much!!

Go directly to the ship from the airport. Your documents will tell you to get there later, and not to come before, but they will let you board by 11:30. By the time you land, collect your luggage and get to the ship, you will be able to check in then go directly to your cabin. The cabins open at one. Leave off your carry-on, grab a bite if you want, then head back off the ship.

You will need to return before muster drill time. Ask the staff when you depart the ship when you should be back. It will be about a 15 minute ride to old San Juan and will cost around $20 each way. You may be able to share a taxi to cut the cost. The taxi driver will drop you off in a designated taxi stand area in Old San Juan. Just return there to catch a cab back to the ship.

I have done this several times. Just be sure to return by muster drill. It may be as early as 6 pm.

As the previous poster noted, your ship does not dock at the pier in Old San Juan, but across the bay by the old airport. It is a cab ride into old San Juan and back. Find out the latest time to be back on board, or you may not be allowed to sail.

• 3 weeks later...

You can do it, but you may not have as much time as you think you will. Assuming your flight gets there on time, you still have to claim your bags and get trough the taxi line if you want to see OSJ, it will be better to go there and let Barracina's hold your luggage while you explore. It'll also save you some money, since it'll be one less taxi ride. Just be mindful of the time. We did Adventure last month, but we got on early, so I'm not sure when they stop boarding. Muster was at 6 p.m.