Aqua Boat Tour questions

cwhet

Hello,

We will be in Curaçao all day in port in July. I've booked the Aqua Boat Tour with snorkeling through RCI. A lot of the older reviews (several years old) are not great but the more recent ones are very good.

I'm hoping to find people that have done this tour in the past couple of years as I have some specific questions.

It takes people to the sunken tug boat which I am anxious to see. I have snorkeled only one time and I'm a bit of a scaredy cat but love the idea of adventure ;p

The time we snorkeled before was just walking into the water in Hawaii off a random beach and it was amazing. I liked that I could stand up if I wanted to.

I can see from YouTube videos that the tug boat isn't in water I can stand up in. Is the shore near by? Do they have people just jump off of the aqua boats/jet skis and you're just in deep water? Is it reasonable that this makes me scared? :o

Is there so where nearby to be on a beach and just snorkel in shallow water while still being with the tour? I might last a few minutes in the deep stuff but maybe not too long. Is there shade nearby?

I guess I just need an idea of what I'm getting myself into. It's an expensive tour and I want to enjoy it but recognize my limitations.

Thanks so much for any help!