Extremely late review of the FREEDOM

Okay so this is a WAY overdo review of the freedom from MARCH! I know I'm way late but it's been crazy with two kids and life taking control of free time.

Okay anyways, we sailed on the freedom out of Galveston March 7 and I have to say first off it was by far THE BEST CRUISE ON CARNIVAL YET. Everybody who is degrading carnival can get out because this was a fantastic cruise. It was our fifth carnival cruise (our first four being on the triumph). After sailing on a conquest class ship I will never sail triumph again. The overall size of the lido restaurant made it 20x better. Twice the food and half the lines.

I'm gonna try to structure this review but I ramble a lot so I'm apologizing in advance!

Cabin:

We had cabin 7345 and I would EXTREMELY RECOMMEND THIS ROOM. It's considered a 1A however it was bigger than our friends interior cabin on the same deck! It has a great location and was perfect. We used to get a balcony on the triumph but after two cruises realized we were only in the room a few hours each night. The interiors are perfect so you can sleep at any second. There was one issue and I guess I have to bring it up. One morning we awoke around 5am to find the carpet wet. What?!? We called guest services and within 45 seconds people were in our room vacuuming up water and drying it. They were done within 10 minutes. Our stuff was fine and it wasn't a big deal to us we weren't going to let it ruin our vacation. Carnival handled it perfectly so kuddos to them! We also received $40 per person! It helped with the bar bill in the end [emoji14]. I would post a picture but it's on my camera. Go to cruise line rooms website and I put it on there!

Also all the rooms have small refrigerators. They keep drinks cold not like ice but defiantly cold.

Food:

Lido buffet was so much better than triumph!! The burgers and tacos are great but the wok was something I wasn't used to and really loved. The room service menu was the same in March so can't comment on that. I will say though we did any time dining on this cruise and I was not a fan. The American feast or table or whatever wasn't my favorite. It just didn't seem as formal. Next time will do early dining. With anytime I felt like we weren't obligated to go to dinner because we could just sleep instead!

Entertainment:

This is the only place I would say was about a 4/5. Jen was our cruise director again for the 3rd time but this time there was nothing to do before 3pm?! Most people didn't mind they read or listened to music but I of course left my headphones and kindle in the car!!! I was so mad at myself. The music in the aft area was too quiet to hear sadly and the midship lido was too loud. The aft pool was perfect because the employees actually enforced the 18+ areas! Thank you for that!

Shows were great! I loved the playlist productions shows. There was also a live singer they hired who was great. The comedians were also great.

We went to Montego Bay Jamaica, Grand Cayman, And Cozumel. Loved grand cayman the most. We did horse riding and swimming in Jamaica and would definitely recommend.

Overall this was a perfect getaway on the freedom. She is in great shape. For anyone thinking of leaving carnival you will be missed because she's doing great in my book!

Any questions and let me know and I'll do my best to remember. I'll also try and add photos tonight!

Thanks for your review of the Freedom, one of my favorite ships along with Carnival Liberty! Did they ever figure out why your floor was wet in your room? Good that they dealt with it quickly, and the OBC was a nice gesture.

Edited by SMSACE6

Yes apparently a pipe leaked beside our room. It wasn't from the bathroom but from the hallway walls apparently? It didn't bother us too much they put a big dryer thing in the room and we left it on the first sea day when we were out and about. Didn't bug us but our neighbors were beyond mad about being woken up at 6 am. Your room is flooding. Let them fix it then go back to sleep don't yell at the people doing their jobs....

Glad to hear you had a good time. We will be on her at the end of June with the same itinerary. It's our 1st cruise & we were just upgraded from inside deck 2 to deck 11 balcony. Thanks for your review.

Oh we also ate at the steakhouse the first night. Got a free bottle of wine it was obviously a free tasting bottle of wine. The food was BEYOND PERFECT. 9/5 stars it was so perfect!

Love love the food but I take that free bottle of wine home and use it for cooking[emoji14]