Newport-July 6

brandba

We are a group of 8 arriving on Thursday, July 6 on the Summit (8:00 AM). We are hoping to get a trolley (the 67) to arrive at the Breakers ASAP. Then we were going to purchase tickets and go into the mansion and if possible, get to Marble House afterwards via the trolley. Then we want to get to the Touro Synagogue for a tour at either 1:00 or 1:30. Does anyone know if this is possible? Also, if anyone knows what stops to get off at for this, I'd appreciate the information. Many thanks!

Once you tender in, walk one block north on America's Cup Ave to the Gateway Center where you can board a route #67 public bus. As you board, tell the driver your destination (the Breakers). The bus stop is almost in front of the Breakers. According to the schedule the bus departs every 30 minutes starting at 7:30AM, and takes about 15 minutes to get to the Breakers.

It is about .8 mile from the Breakers to Marble House; you could walk it in about 17 minutes. If you're real lucky, an outbound #67 bus (or trolley) will be passing as you exit the Breakers.

Just so you'll know, at the Breakers, a tour bus is given priority over the walk up visitor. Since it is the 4th of July week, I would anticipate Newport being crowded.

You may be able to do MH, but a lot will depend on the time you finish at the Breakers. You luck out in that an inbound #67 bus route includes Tuoro St. As you board the inbound #67 bus, tell the bus driver your destination is the Touro Synagogue.

As I'm getting ready to post this, I think you can do MH if you exit the Breakers before 11AM.

SBtS