Dream in May - Top 10 at Montego Bay

1STTIMEATSEA

We will be on the Dream in May. I am looking for reviews of The Top Ten at Montego Bay Jamaica. I heard taxi service can hit or miss and it is safer to book Carnival. This is the only Carnival excursion going to Jimmy Buffetts Margaritaville. We have 3 kids ages 8 to 14. We would like them to enjoy the beach, slides, etc. Does a this excursion allow you time to enjoy Margaritaville? Is this excursion fun? Any other suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Doctors cave beach 2 years ago and SWORE we would never get off the boat in Jamaica again! The beach was just "ok" and the smell of pot coming from a nearby somewhere made me sick:( on the ride to the beach we prepaid (stupid of us) the bus driver to take us to/from doctors cave beach. We left the beach about 2:30 (which is when we were told bus would be there) and no one arrived to pick us up. We decided to walk to Margeritaville and have some late lunch and take a cab or bus back to the boat. There is a stage where anyone can dance, as they have the sexiest girl and best dancer contest. It got a little too crazy for my youngest so we needed to leave. He was 8. The food there is SO over priced and the people are rude!!!

People peddling things outside from balloons to pot! The cab ride back was insane! Crazy drivers!! One cab driver backed up hit a car and never said anything about it.

Hope this helps....

Margaritaville in MoBay does no have a beach. Cool water toys to jump on but just a cement wall look. I wouldn't take an excursion just for that. I would look at carnivals beach all inclusive to Seawind beach club or a day pass at an all inclusive. Zero hassles that way. I just saw the reviews for Seawinds Club haven't been that good lately with people complaining about seaweed and cloudy water. I stayed right next door to Seawinds at Secrets this past summer and it was great. Those 2 poor reviews may have been tide or weather related. I walked down the beach to look at seawinds specifically for future cruises with kids and it looked really nice to me.

Edited by JP350Z