Disney Dream Spa tips and tricks?

mrscutecuban

First, I don't know how you can be sure that they will spend a lot of time in the programming. We've had cruises where mine loved the programming and other cruises where she didn't want to go at all. I had a rule that she had to choose one activity each day and go just to give me a break!

As to the spa--terribly overly prices compared to similar/same services in my city. And they add an automatic 18% tip to the prices posted and then have another line for "additional tip." Be aware that you have already tipped 18%. No additional is required.

There are sometimes port day specials and embarkation day specials. These will be advertised in the Navigator and in the elevator signs. The specials are offered if they don't book as full as they'd like at full price. The 30% off embarkation day special seems pretty standard and is sometimes extended until noon on the second day. If there is something you really want, book ahead. If you know you want to do something in the spa but don't know what, wait till you board.

There is a spa open house from boarding till 3pm on embarkation day with a drawing for discounts at 3 (check Navigator to verify time is still the same!) They used to give away free services (like one person would win a free massage). No more--most recently it is a certain amount of discount. We won a discount on our last cruise--I decided it wasn't worth using because it was only good on "signature services" on port days. They do often award a rainforest pass.

True on all points!! But I expected it to be overpriced as is for most cruises especially given the Disney markup ( LOL). I always seem to miss the embarkation day tour and Raffle since I'm always running around accommodating everyone else but this time should be different !!

For the rainforest pass is it better to buy ahead of time or once on board?

As always thanks !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Supposedly single day passes are only sold on line (but I've never had them to refuse to take my money!) Multi day passes are only sold on board.

They always sell "length of cruise" on board. These are only a value if you go every day. THey sometimes sell shorter passes (like a 4 day pass sold on a 7 day cruise) if they haven't sold enough length of cruise.

If you don't want to go every day, buy single days on line in advance.