On-board shops

blondietink

We are used to buying duty-free liquor on our cruises in the onboard shops to bring home with us. Is this something available onboard DCL ships or not. Just looking to get some people crossed off my Christmas list and save some money if I can.

Have you visited the Disney Cruise Line site?

It has a wealth of information on there about the ship, venues, dining, stores, entertainment etc!

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com

From the site about ship board shopping and duty free:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/services/shopping/

DF&DD:

White Caps

Deck 3, Forward

Stop in to White Caps to shop fine jewelry trunk shows and to look for designer handbags, timepieces and fragrances. Guests over age 21 may browse the wide assortment of tax- and duty-free liquors and premium cigars. Please note that liquor purchased at White Caps cannot be consumed onboard; we will deliver those purchases to your stateroom the last night of the cruise.

DW:

Radar Trap

Deck 3, Forward

Treat yourself or someone special to a bottle of liquor or premium cigars from the wide assortment of tax- and duty-free merchandise. Please note that liquor purchased at Radar Trap by Guests age 21 or older cannot be consumed onboard; we will deliver those purchases to your stateroom the last night of the cruise.

DM:

Sea Treasures

Deck 3, Forward

Guests ages 21 and older can enjoy tax- and duty-free shopping with a wide selection of premium liquors. Please note that liquor purchased at Sea Treasures cannot be consumed onboard; we will deliver those purchases to your stateroom the last night of the cruise.

HTH's!

ex techie

I know they take the alcohol when you buy it on board the ship. But we bought alcohol on the islands and no one took it. My husband even asked a DCL person when we got back and on and he said we were all set. Not sure on the exact rules for this or of it varies between islands.

Yes, I am aware that liquor bought in the duty-free shops cannot be consumed while onboard.

Is there a list of different liquors that are usually available in the shops? I am specifically looking for Sheridans as a gift for my neighbors. Can't be purchased in the US and I would like to save myself a trip over the border to Canada to get it if I can. I can always get it on Carnival, but didn't know if DCL has different choices.

Yes, I am aware that liquor bought in the duty-free shops cannot be consumed while onboard.

Is there a list of different liquors that are usually available in the shops? I am specifically looking for Sheridans as a gift for my neighbors. Can't be purchased in the US and I would like to save myself a trip over the border to Canada to get it if I can. I can always get it on Carnival, but didn't know if DCL has different choices.

Whitecaps did in 2012 1 liter $26.95 (scroll down to the yellow picture and click on it)

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2012/08/a-guide-to-drinking-on-a-disney-cruise/

HTH's!

ex techie