Which Akaroa Tour?

sabrefan

Will be cruising on the Celebrity Solstice in January 2016 and will be in Akaroa on February 3, 2016. Trying to choose between two shore excursions that Celebrity offers. One is the Akaroa Harbor & Wildlife Cruise and the other is the Giants House & Lookout Panorama. The harbor and wildlife cruise has some good reviews and the Giants House and Lookout Panorama has no reviews but this may not mean that it is bad. If anyone has gone on either of these and could give me some feedback I would appreciate your input.

I can't comment on the specific Celebrity tours, except to say that the harbor is very nice. We did the Akaroa sailing with Ray (find it on trip advisor). He's literally right as you walk off the tender. His boat takes a max of 7 passengers, and it was absolutely wonderful. $75 AUD for 2 1/2 hours. There are small hector's dolphins and penguins in the harbor. Ray is really great, and everyone gets a chance to take the wheel. It was one of our favorite things in our 7 week Aus/NZ trip.

I know some people really enjoyed the Pohatu penguin farm. I've not heard of the other places you mentioned.

The town itself is very tiny and easy to walk around after your tour. Free wifi at the library a few blocks up.

Edited by jarand