Cruise Wedding in Nassau - Advise Needed

My fiancé and I are planning a cruise wedding for August 2016. It would take place in Nassau, the Bahamas as part of a 4-day Carnival cruise. I have contacted the wedding department a few times to get questions answered but I'm still looking for advice from other cruise brides. Last night, I found a site that also offered wedding packages in Nassau. It's http://www.yourbahamasbeachwedding.com/about-us.html. Has anyone ever worked with this company before? I couldn't find any reviews online. Their packages seem fair and they include things that Carnival doesn't. Like the sand ceremony, limousine transfer, photographs from the photographer and photo book, aisle way, steel pan player, bottled water, and the cost includes 10 guests instead of 2. Also, they only require $650 to reserve the ceremony but Carnival requires the entire cost.

Has anyone used another company for the wedding ceremony and had the reception back on the ship? If so, what company did you use? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. I would also love to see other pics of weddings in Nassau.

Hi!

I am getting married July 2016 on Norw Sky and had the same questions. From the research I found (long hard diggin), they had decent reviews on various wedding websites... i think one was The knot? cant remember but i will go back and try to find it for you.

My hesitation with the cruise planning is the 90 minutes reception after. We were planning on doing a 90 minute reception then going to the specialty dining after. We have 60 people flying over from the UK and want them to have the best experience.

I also just emailed Chic Bahamas Weddings to get some information from them. I have spoken to Atlantis... but it gets fairly pricey.

I will gladly share any info with you!

Hey, thanks for responding. You did better then I did because I couldn't find anything on that company. I also contacted Chic Bahamas Weddings and asked for an estimate. They were so sweet and helpful over the phone. I will definitely be working with them if it's in our budget. I am also not a fan of the short reception or the limited food. We are going to spend a lot of time on the ship so now I'm thinking a 4-6 hour reception off the ship is a better option. Hope your plans work out.

FutureMrsMackay,

I was wondering if you decided on a wedding planner. After talking to Chic Bahamas Weddings I decided to go with her. She was extremely nice and helpful and had some great ideas that fit into our budget. Plus we get a 4 hour reception with a sit-down meal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Our dinner is at Blue Sail Restaurant, it's a beautiful restaurant off of Sandyport beach in Nassau. My fiancé and I decided to use Marva from Chic Bahamas Wedding instead of Carnival. I just didn't like the lack of customization with Carnival's Wedding packages. We couldn't have a sit-down meal, choose the location of our reception, max of only 2 hrs, couldn't choose flowers, and I was told that other ceremonies could be going on at the same time as yours. Marva has been great. She is working with our cruise itinerary and we have many options. It was more expensive but I think it's worth it because she has been able to offer suggestions on everything and has always been so easy to contact. I feel confident that the wedding day will go smoothly, and that means a lot because there will not be an official rehearsal dinner and we will not even visit the location until the ship gets there the morning of our wedding.

• 4 months later...

Hi there, I'm definitely interested in doing something similar as far as taking a cruise to Bahamas and possibly going through Chic Bahamas Weddings, just wondering how everything went on your big day?? Was the transportation/timing for the cruise an issue? Any information is most appreciated! :)