Alaskan Glacier Wedding!!!

space07

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post. We are leaving on 5/18-5/25 on RC Vision of the Seas for our wedding/ honeymoon cruise. We have planned to get married on a glacier through RR. I feel like we are the first people in the world to do this!! There are very few pictures online, and almost no info! If anyone has done this or is going to get married this way, I would love to hear what you have to say!! Thank you!

I originally booked RC and considered doing the glacier wedding, but then the number of my guests grew, so couldn't do it. I'm now doing the embarkation day wedding in Vancouver on Celebrity in July, and want to do the helicopter and dog sledding with my guests. What kinds of excursions did you book? I'll appreciate if you could post your experience later.

I am getting married in Alaska as well, but I am not nearly as brave as you to do it on a Glacier! I saw some pictures of these weddings and they look like a lot of fun. We are getting married "at sea" on the 2nd day of our cruise. Be sure to tell us all about your wedding and your cruise when you get back!!

I just got my dress which I now want to wear every waking moment! My future mother in law is making me a cape that is going to be very nice. I think I might freeze, but it will be worth it if the pictures are good! I am glad to hear that someone else is at least getting married in Alaska. I was feeling a little lonely! We are getting very excited about the cruise and the reception in June.. I will post my experience and pictures as well.

• 8 years later...
Hello Everyone!

This is my first post. We are leaving on 5/18-5/25 on RC Vision of the Seas for our wedding/ honeymoon cruise. We have planned to get married on a glacier through RR. I feel like we are the first people in the world to do this!! There are very few pictures online, and almost no info! If anyone has done this or is going to get married this way, I would love to hear what you have to say!! Thank you!

I know this is an ild post but I am looking to do the same next year in Alaska. Did you end up going thru with the wedding on the glacier and how was it? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

1tarheel78

There's not much on here about Alaskan weddings unfortunately (I'm planning one for July), but I found a great review of a glacier wedding that someone recently did as part of a cruise! There's tons of photos and she gives her experience with the company she used:

Here:http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/our-alaskan-glacier-elopement-recap-very-photo-heavy/

Hope this helps!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I know this is an older thread, but I did get married in Alaska on a glacier in juneau in 2014. If you have any outstanding questions, let me know. :)

What company did you book thru for your wedding? Did you do a helicopter ride to the glacier if so how many people could fit onboard? Thanks

What company did you book thru for your wedding? Did you do a helicopter ride to the glacier if so how many people could fit onboard? Thanks

We used Alaska Weddings on Ice

http://alaskaweddings.net

their website isn't the best, but they do a wonderful job.

We did a helicopter ride to the glacier, our helicopter had us, the pilot, the officiant, and our photographer. There may have been space for one more if we didn't have all the photographer's equipment. They can arrange for additional helicopters as needed.

look at chugachpeaks.com- go to wedding galleries- Juneau- juneau helicopter weddings- the top set is us, the bottom set is another couple, obviously, but the same company arranged for their wedding- the person that arranges everything is also the officiant.