What happened to RC dining room menu?

Jan. 8,2013-Jan. 16, 2013 Independence of the Seas, RC

It's gone folks! Totally new menu the week we were onboard. (We only do dinner in the dining room, so can't say for other meals.) Our friends were on the prior week and food was same as previously--wonderful. All of us have cruised a lot! Our week, not good. Cheaper menu, lesser food, poorer quality. Hard to find items you truly could enjoy whether it be taste, meat type, accompanied veggies, dessert. A new area manager in DR came on our week and said everyone is complaining. It is all about cheaper costs. I asked if they are trying to get you to spend more and go to the specialty restaurants? Answer was no--just to save money. We used to LOVE the food. Not any more. Royal Caribbean wrote back to me and said that all ships have the new menu. Heads up folks! They were compiling criticism of anything to uppers, but basically the attitude was: this is it folks.

• 1 month later...

We sailed RC last spring on a lovely Mediterranean itinerary. We were amazed at the cut backs , from the lack of chocolate on the pillow at night, no notepads in the room and no individual toiletries. The dining room food was mediocre, but on formal night when they wanted to charge $40 extra dollars for surf and turf I was really disappointed, especially since I had done a Carribean sail on HA and all this was included at no extra charge.

I will say the staff were very attentive, but all this is out of their control. I am staying away from RC now. We are booked on HA for the Baltics next August.