Waterproof camera?

Beverly,

Thanks for the input. I too have a really nice "land" camera (Canon SX50) which does a fantastic job. It is the cross between a point/shoot and a DSLR. I like the capabilities of the DSLR but don't want to have to drag around all the lenses since most of the pictures are taken during hiking.

I am looking for a waterproof underwater camera, so how does the TG-820 do with that, since the TG-830 is one of my choices.

Steve

I do a lot of hiking too!

I like the underwater feature that the TG-820 has. I feel like it takes a sharper picture underwater and shows truer colors than the Canon PS D20 & D10. I haven't had this particular camera very long, but I expect to get a good amount of use out of it.

Beverly

Good to hear about the 820. My concern is if the seals leak on the camera, will ruin the camera and the card. Which is why I am also looking into the GoPro.

Wife/I just got back from Yosemite a couple of weeks ago... took over 1500 pics in 5 days... was beautiful... now going thru them to setup a photo-book for the trip.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
Good to hear about the 820. My concern is if the seals leak on the camera, will ruin the camera and the card. Which is why I am also looking into the GoPro.

The GoPro is not waterproof on its own, only if it is in a waterproof housing. It will have the same camera ruining isues if the seals leak.