What is the difference: Gumbalimba and Tabyana

Mr.T

I have been reading through all these posts and these two names seem to be used interchangeably. Is Tabyana beach in Gumbalimba park? Are they close so can you walk to and from each? We are going to do a beach day in Roatan. So trying to decide. One fo the Carnival excursions even says canopy tour & Tabyana beach, but the zip line goes into Gumbalimba!! very confusing. What is the best method to get to each beach? Seems like the Carnival excursion to Tabyana beach is just for a bus ride wouldnt taxis be Cheaper? Also cant we just show up at either beach and pay to get in? I think I Saw $17 for Gumbablimba and ?? for Tabyana? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

I have been reading through all these posts and these two names seem to be used interchangeably. Is Tabyana beach in Gumbalimba park? Are they close so can you walk to and from each? We are going to do a beach day in Roatan. So trying to decide. One fo the Carnival excursions even says canopy tour & Tabyana beach, but the zip line goes into Gumbalimba!! very confusing. What is the best method to get to each beach? Seems like the Carnival excursion to Tabyana beach is just for a bus ride wouldnt taxis be Cheaper? Also cant we just show up at either beach and pay to get in? I think I Saw $17 for Gumbablimba and ?? for Tabyana? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

It is confusing for sure and I can only tell you what I know.

First, we had originally booked a "Canopy Tour and Tabyanna Beach" throught our ship.. We also wanted to horseback ride and contacted a private ranch on Roatan to pick us up at Tabyanna. The person kept asking me "which Tabyanna". So evidently there are two of them.

We ended up doing "Canopy Tour and Gumbalimba Park". When we finished the zip line (canopy tour) we ended up on a beach. And it was Tabyanna Beach. And yes, it was in Gumbalimba Park. So you are pretty safe in assuming that the Tabyanna Beach that the cruise ships talk about IS inside Gumbablimba Park.

If you are looking strictly for a beach day, there are many wonderful beaches that are open to the public in the West end. I'm sure you could just catch a taxi and go to the one of them. But it wouldn't be the Tabyanna Beach in Gumbalimba Park as that if for cruise ship excursions only.

I know its confusing....hope this helps a little.

Archived