Looking for good snorkeling not too far from the pier

mcmarya

We will be in Curacao later this year from 7 am - 4 pm. Last visit we rented a car and stopped at several beaches, enjoying the wonderful snorkeling. This time, renting is not as good an option due to the schedule. We just want to find a place to see some sealife that won't be too expensive to reach by cab--we don't care about beach chairs or other facilities, just snorkeling. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Blue Bay isn't a bad choice. We ended up there and LOVED it. There is a little snorkeling actually in the bay, but it gets a lot better if you go around the points of the bay. There's another shallow bay around the left of Blue Bay and kept us occupied for quite awhile. I even saw a lionfish there.

Noone collected a fee from us. The taxi ride was about $50 rt for the 2 of us. It dropped us off at the entrance to Blue Bay resort. We walked to the beach and put our stuff under a tree and took off snorkeling. Perhaps they would have hunted us down if we took a chair. If you'd care to check out our day, I blogged it here: http://travelingwithsue.blogspot.com/2015/05/2015-april-17-may-1-southern-caribbean.html

Curacoa was our last port, so that day is near the bottom of my blog.

Edited by slabeaume