Queen Mary 2

travelingkitty

:confused: :confused: Has anyone been assigned to a catagory 'Q7' on the Queen Mary for a cruise? I am seeing a price for the December 16th cruise for $2699.00 for this catagory. I have never sailed on this ship before so really know nothing about it.

I am interested how the location is, the cabin size, and how the balcony is? My mom used a wheelchair outside the cabin. Is there plenty of room to store the wheelchair inside the cabin? Any information you can give me will be helpful.

Thank you, Jo Ann:confused:

:confused: :confused: Has anyone been assigned to a catagory 'Q7' on the Queen Mary for a cruise? I am seeing a price for the December 16th cruise for $2699.00 for this catagory. I have never sailed on this ship before so really know nothing about it.

I am interested how the location is, the cabin size, and how the balcony is? My mom used a wheelchair outside the cabin. Is there plenty of room to store the wheelchair inside the cabin? Any information you can give me will be helpful.

THE Q-7 IS AT THE STERN OF THE SHIP WE BOOKED A Q-7WHICH IS A HANDICAPPED ROOM(SEE 8 DECK) WITH NO BATHTUB AND WAS UPGRADE D TO A Q-5!!!! BON VOYAGE!!! YOU WILL LUV IT!!! BON VOYAGE!!!

YOU GOT A GREAT PRICE AND WILL GET A Q-6

THE Q-7 IS AT THE STERN OF THE SHIP WE BOOKED A Q-7WHICH IS A HANDICAPPED ROOM(SEE 8 DECK) WITH NO BATHTUB AND WAS UPGRADE D TO A Q-5!!!! BON VOYAGE!!! YOU WILL LUV IT!!! BON VOYAGE!!!

When we took my mum on a cruise we rented a special "cabin chair" from a local medical supplies rental shop for a few bucks a day.

This is a very narrow chair that folds up for storage and is narrow enough for two to pass in a ships passageway ( I think ). I don't believe it is suitable for the occupant to propel themselves easily and requires someone else to push them.

I am not sure how well it would do on rough and uneven ground compared to a standard wheelchair but we had no problems on shore with it.

Hope this helps ...

<Andy>

The Q7 suites are located on deck 9 midships. I'm not sure of the exact size , but I know they are over 500 square feet. (my guess about 550 sq. ft)

The balcony is large, and is built outside of the superstructor of the ship,

which is better than some of the lower standard balcony rooms which have

a round hole cut-out for viewing. (I call these hull-hole's) You will have very

ample room for Mom's wheelchair. Qm2 is currently the second largest ship

afloat, has a low passenger to crew ratio, great service and food. When aboard you and your Mom will feel special. Tip: study the deck plans before

you go, and take a deck plan when you are walking around for at least the

first few days. Please book a table to eat at Todd English, which is sooo

good. High Tea is also super! Hear is a site that you may find of interest

about your cruise http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/qm2.htm

Any other questions...just ask.

Firstly, Jo Ann, I hope that you and your mom have a great cruise and that you thoroughly enjoy it.

Second...

2moose.

I have 2 questions :

1) Why, when her Mom is disabled would they want to move from a Q7 with disabled access to a Q6 without disabled access?

2) Why are you telling her that she will get a Q6? There are no guarantees on upgrades, you were lucky, not everyone is.

Archived