Help! Is 1:15 min enough of a layover

ddoc

in Frankfort? We'll be flying from Rome to Frankfort and

Frankfort to Philadelphia. I'm a little concerned that we

could get hung up. Do we have to go through Customs or security in Frankfort. We'll be on the Carnival Freedom.

We would leave Rome at 10:05 AM on Lufthansa. The next flight wold also be Luftansa and leaves at 1:20 PM

with an arrival in Phila at 4 PM. (Home)

Going to Rome, we would fly from Phila on US air leave at 4:05 PM we would have 1hr 40 min layover then take

Luftansa from Frankfort to Rome. Flight leaves at 7:40 AM

Frankfurt is rated as a 45 minute transfer airport. that means that airlines will ticket through Frankfurt with 45 minutes or more between flights. You should have no problem if your flight is on time from Rome. On board from Rome they will announce the various gates for connecting flights. The inflight magazine on Lufthansa shows an airport layout with gate locations.

We would leave Rome at 10:05 AM on Lufthansa. The next flight wold also be Luftansa and leaves at 1:20 PM

with an arrival in Phila at 4 PM. (Home)

Going to Rome, we would fly from Phila on US air leave at 4:05 PM we would have 1hr 40 min layover then take

Luftansa from Frankfort to Rome. Flight leaves at 7:40 AM

Your biggest risk is the USAir flight being late -- which it often is. If you land on time or close to it, you won't have a problem. Frankfurt is a large but will sign-posted and organized airport.

You have enough time and you won't go through customs just through a security checkpoint. I've had 30 min to change flights in both Frankfurt and Munich and made it. If your flights are all booked with Lufthansa on the same ticket they will make sure you get through otherwise they are obliged to get you on another flight to your final destination.

I once missed a connecting flight with Lufthansa b/c my originating flight was delayed by 2 hrs, there was a Lufthansa employee waiting for me when we landed with a new ticket and helped me get to my next gate.

Archived