The bob marley experience

chrob

Hi everyone. Has anyone done the above tour on the official ships tour? We are on the Allure of the Seas in November and were wondering what the cost difference is between going with the ship's tour and using a local tour guide.

Anyone have any experiences?

I am interested in this excursion as well. We don't sail until April 2015. I am a huge Bob Marley fan. But I am torn between this and Dunn's River Falls. Also there are some reviews on trip advisor. However I am looking for CC members opinions as well. :)

We used Shore Excursioneer Falmouth Excursions to do the BM Experience. I think there was a HUGE difference between this excursion and the ship sponsored one. When we arrived and checked in at Nine Mile, about 200 people from the ship just finished their tour, that place was PACKED! Once we were ready to tour the premises, it was just our group, nobody else. Our guide was so happy to give this tour to a small group rather than hundreds of people and showed us stuff you do not get to see (or do...haha) with the ship's excursion. I think we got 5 times the value out of that experience, no joking!

• 2 weeks later...

The hubby and i did this tour with Carnival, we had a blast we liked it so much that we would do this again when we go back to Jamaica. I recommend booking through the cruise line because this tour is 6 hours and is at least an hour plus each way, it was a accident on the one lane road and we got delayed and was late getting back to the ship i was so thankful that we we're on the ships tour and didn't go on our own because as much as i love Jamaica i don't want to be stranded there.;)