Azamara Journey in Mumbai - port transfer to Airport

buffalogrill

Can anyone who has travelled with Azamara to Mumbai tell me how difficult it will be to arrange for an independent transfer from the port to airport? I've read some horror stories about airport transfer times and taxis not being able to enter the port gates so some words of comfort would be much appreciated if possible! Or is it far more sensible to book the Azamara flight and transfer package?

Can anyone who has travelled with Azamara to Mumbai tell me how difficult it will be to arrange for an independent transfer from the port to airport? I've read some horror stories about airport transfer times and taxis not being able to enter the port gates so some words of comfort would be much appreciated if possible! Or is it far more sensible to book the Azamara flight and transfer package?

You don't have to book flights with Azamara to book their transfers. I like to use their transfers as they are reliable (a very important factor with transfers) and competitive vs. local taxis etc. I just completed a Baltic cruise on Journey and used Azamara transfers with success at both airports, as did many of my fellow passengers. I purchased them in advance via my TA.:)

Thanks for your reply fortworther but my TA has spoken with Azamara and we've been told that we can only have a cruise only booking or book the flight inclusive package. We're unable to purchase separate transfers with Azamara on this occasion.

Sounds suspicious. You no doubt have to book the cruise before you can book the transfers. Similar to shore excursions, you can't book them until the cruise is booked. I have never heard of such a thing and have used Azamara transfers on all my overseas cruises with them. Mumbai may be different but can't imagine why.

It does sound a bit strange but the TA has offered to book a separate taxi transfer for us (although I have heard that they can be risky too as sometimes the taxi doesn't turn up) so I believe that Azamara, for whatever reason, won't allow me to book transfers alongside the cruise only.

I suppose you can do it that way, then check as you get closer to your cruise to see if ACC has opened up. This assumes you don't have to prepay for your independent transfer. Personally I am more comfortable with ship arranged transfers since they handle your bags differently, know how to handle the port agent, are not dependent on the reliability of a taxi, etc., but that is me. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...

Hi BuffaloGrill

A bit late but just read your post about transfers from ship to Mumbai Airport.

We sailed on board Journey last year and booked on a cruise only basis, which can be a bit of a risk, as if you arrive late you could miss the ship. We were ok with this as we stayed overnight in port prior to outbound journey and were able to use the Azamara Coach Transfer for the return journey.

Could it be your TA needs to hit her sales targets for essentials? and that is why she/he has suggested you book your transfers seperately. My friend worked in the industry, so I know this can sometimes happen, particulary in this financial climate they have to make money where they can. Am I being too synical here, I don't know.

Archived