Payne's Beach Questions

KayKayKay

Hello. I will be in Barbados on August 5th with my seven year old twins. I was thinking of Payne's Beach for the turtles, swimming, snorkeling and looking for seaglasss (and we will need a place to eat). Is this a good choice? With only one ship in port and off season, will there be someone there to take us to see the turtles? Cost? Cost of taxi? Is it safe?

I'm open to other suggestions (we are doing Calabazza next year when my mom is along)

Thanks!

Hello. I will be in Barbados on August 5th with my seven year old twins. I was thinking of Payne's Beach for the turtles, swimming, snorkeling and looking for seaglasss (and we will need a place to eat). Is this a good choice? With only one ship in port and off season, will there be someone there to take us to see the turtles? Cost? Cost of taxi? Is it safe?

I'm open to other suggestions (we are doing Calabazza next year when my mom is along)

Thanks!

There will definitely be taxis there to take you to your destination. I am not to sure what the cost of a taxi would be but can assure you it is safe.

IIRC, taxi is about $17USD one way from B'Town Harbour to Payne's.

You should have no trouble finding someone to take you out to the turtles...

They are only a couple hundred yards out from shore...

Cheers, P:)

If you tell the taxi driver you want to see the turtles he will hook you up with a local boat. We went out on the Nemo to snorkel over a sunken "ship wreck" and then to swim with the turtles. There was maybe 12-15 of us and we were there before any of the big excursions. It was over a year ago but I want to say they charged $25 each to go out on the boat.