Losing before April 2016- LET'S DO THIS!

nfldpenguin

I'm cruising April 2016 and want to continue losing weight before then. Would love to have a few buddies to do this with? I'm 38, working mom of 2 kids, busy lifestyle and am focussing on my nutrional program and recently started working out again. Anyone want to join this little group and motivate and support each other? :)

Hi there! Married 43yo mom to 3 rescue dogs here. We are cruising April 3rd, and then again September 11th. Last fall I joined Planet Fitness to try to drop some lbs before the trips. Slacked off at the end of the year :(. Back at it in the new year. I have an hour for lunch at work so that's when i go, and just during the week. No weekends. Doing what i can to drop a few, and get myself healthier!

Cruising in June here. Needing motivation to stay focused. 33 mother of 1...still trying to lose the baby weight after 14 years. I calorie count and walk mainly. Lost 46 pounds in 2014 gained 29 back in 2015 and so far this year have lost 15...lol. My goal before June is to lose an additional 30.

Hi, Im on my first cruise on 22nd March, so far have lost 6 llbs in 2 weeks, by cutting out alcohol and carbs, and swimming every day. I know Im going to put it all back on but hey-ho. I find the weekends really hard, infact I am sat here right now with a bag of chips and a glass of wine! Back on the wagon tomorrow!

Going on cruise #3 in April (but first one in 6 years). Hubby and I started a whole lifestyle change July 2015 by joining the gym, working with a personal training and completely changing our eating habits - we've each lost 35 lbs so far. We're 10 lbs away from our first goal weight so we're hoping to reach it by the time we cruise.

Hi Jadephoenix

what do you do at the gym?

I use the cross trainer, stomach crunch bike and rowing machine, 20 mins each but get sooo bored. I then go swimming atr a very slow pace for 40 mins. Bascially I am very unfit but am building up slowly!

Edited by patchouli123

Hi Jadephoenix

what do you do at the gym?

I use the cross trainer, stomach crunch bike and rowing machine, 20 mins each but get sooo bored. I then go swimming atr a very slow pace for 40 mins. Bascially I am very unfit but am building up slowly!

I'm at the gym at 4 days/week - i don't have kids so that helps a lot with my availability. 2 days with a personal trainer for strength training so a lot of squats, lunges, crunches and free weights. The other 2 days I'm doing cardio where I spend at least 30 mins on the treadmill and the other 30 mins, I'll either move onto the eliptical, sit-down eliptical and a bit on the stair climber. I used to do a whole hour on the treadmill but couldn't take the boredom and I find changing up the machines helped with that. My gym also has free wifi so if I don't feel like listening to music, I can watch Youtube or Netflix which also helps to pass the time. I was really unfit too when I started this journey, I was out of breath just climbing the stairs at the gym to get to the workout area! I feel so much better now - fitter and stronger. You can do it!

Edited by jadephoenixx

Welcome everyone! Love to see a few people joining in our little group. Let's keep sharing our successes and tips and help each other reach our goals.:)

My last 2 weeks have been good. I've gotten back on track with my meal planning and healthier food choices. I'm having great result with my nutritional cleansing program. So glad my doc recommended it.

I've been very busy with my kids and hubby has been away a lot with work so fitting in my workouts at home. I've been using my eliptical and just started doing DDP Yoga.

How's your week going? Anyone have any successes to share?:D

Hi everyone.... we just got off our cruise and it's time to book the next one. I wish I lived close to a port... the airfare kills us. I would like to find something last minute in April as it's my wife's b-day and our anniversary.

Regarding serious weight loss... I'm actually a nutritionist specializing in this area. However, I'm a much better coach than I am a player:eek:. Something you may want to explore is Intermittent Fasting. Wonderfully healthy and easy to follow. You can google it as it is becoming VERY popular or, if you're interested, I've blogged on it before... https://onehealthybugger.wordpress.com/2015/09/11/fasting-is-lasting/

I'm also a big fan of food prep. I do a couple weeks worth of foods and freeze them... awesome for those days when you just don't have time to cook.

Edited by jinglesmountjoy
forgot to subscribe

I didn't lose any weight last week :( so I took a look at my food/calorie intake and adjusted my meals and portion sizes and I'm down 3 lbs since Sunday! Woohoo! :) With 45 days to go, I'm hoping I can keep this rate of loss going so I can be below my first goal weight for the cruise.

Edited by jadephoenixx

I didn't lose any weight last week :( so I took a look at my food/calorie intake and adjusted my meals and portion sizes and I'm down 3 lbs since Sunday! Woohoo! :) With 45 days to go, I'm hoping I can keep this rate of loss going so I can be below my first goal weight for the cruise.

May I ask what your nutritional goals are? Not so much calories... I'm wondering if you're protein intake is too low with all the resistance training you're doing. How much protein are you getting/day?

Also, have you considered scrapping the 1 hour treadmill for now. Cardio is great for your heart but does nothing for fat burning except burn off some calories. Ask your trainer about High Intensity Interval Training or Burst Training. It will help to boost your HGH levels considerably which leads to accelerated fat loss.

Hi, I'm also booked on a cruise for April 3rd and thought this would be a great motivator to help keep me accountable. I'm embarrassed to say that I gained 17 pounds since last April. I blame it on the 4 cruises I took! I started eating healthy and exercising in January and lost 7 lbs so far so only 10 more to go! I haven't lost any in 2 weeks though :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Weigh in was yesterday. Lost 6 pounds last week. Yay me!! Watching my calories, sodium, fat intake, and portion control is what I am doing. I can only meal prep for a few days at a time because I honestly don't like leftovers. Lots of protein is also a big factor for me...especially for breakfast. So every Tuesday I will update here....or Wednesday...lol. Oh and yes I do allow myself one cheat meal a week..last weekend was steak, baked potato, and ceaser salad. I did drink a detox tea afterwards.

May I ask what your nutritional goals are? Not so much calories... I'm wondering if you're protein intake is too low with all the resistance training you're doing. How much protein are you getting/day?

Also, have you considered scrapping the 1 hour treadmill for now. Cardio is great for your heart but does nothing for fat burning except burn off some calories. Ask your trainer about High Intensity Interval Training or Burst Training. It will help to boost your HGH levels considerably which leads to accelerated fat loss.

I do the HIIT training with cardio. 30 minutes of it is all I can handle....lol.

I've been eating to my macros, with a higher proportion of protein. At the beginning, I was getting really tired and weak and have steadily increased my protein. Based on my energy level and how I feel, I think I've got it worked out.

I've done HIIT before but I prefer steady state cardio as it doesn't take as much out of me as HIIT while still seeing results I'm pleased with. I'm doing this as a complete lifestyle overhaul and not a quick fix for the cruise so I'm going with the slow and steady wins the race approach. My weight, body fat and lean muscle numbers are all heading in the right direction.

Hi, I'm also booked on a cruise for April 3rd and thought this would be a great motivator to help keep me accountable. I'm embarrassed to say that I gained 17 pounds since last April. I blame it on the 4 cruises I took! I started eating healthy and exercising in January and lost 7 lbs so far so only 10 more to go! I haven't lost any in 2 weeks though :(

Vacations have been our downfall in the past. We'll be doing great for a few months, go on vacation and have a really hard time getting back on the bandwagon when we get home. I think this time will be different because we have a different mindset and commitment level now - after working my butt off the past 6.5 months and losing 38 lbs, I'm not about to let all that hard work get ruined by a 1 week cruise. Since we started this journey, we went on a 2 week road trip through California and only came back 2 lbs heavier so there's hope!

Congrats on the big weight loss! It's tough to do and yes it's a full time commitment! Last year was the first and LAST time I'll not watch what I eat and stop going to the gym because it did a number on me. I was very committed to the gym before and was surprised at how easy it was to gain weight when I stopped working out. I didn't realize how much I missed going to the gym, its something I'm starting to look forward to everyday again. I'm promising myself that I'll go to the gym everyday on the cruise to keep me on track. I noticed that when I workout I'm more aware of what I eat.