Caribbean Princess: Mini-Suites on Dolphin Deck

tarheelmjfan

Going by the deckplans, it appears the mini-suites' balconies on the Dolphin Deck may look down onto the lifeboats. Is that the case? We're trying to decide between a mini-suite & a balcony cabin. I definitely don't want the lovely view of a lifeboat. :p TIA

I just got off the Caribbean Princess on 04/15 and had a mini suite on Dolphin Deck D606.. The life boats are not in view you would have to look straight down to see the life boats. They are tucked under the Dolphin Deck. In fact when you get to Princess Cays, they use the Lifeboats to tender over to the shore and so you will watch them first move them out from under the Dolphin Deck and then they are lowered into the water. Let me know if you would like to see any pictures. Send me your email address.

Also my mother had a balcony cabin two decks above us and she would much have preferred to have the mini suite after seeing our cabin. So I say.. SPLURGEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Janet

Thanks for the info. The balcony cabin we're considering is AFT. We love those cabins, but are considering the mini-suite so our son will have a couch that makes a bed rather than a pull-down. It's a touch decision. :p We love watching the wake, but the bigger cabin would be nice too. Were there any notable perks with the mini-suite? This would be our 1st Princess cruise, & I'm clueless. :o BTW, I'd love to see the pics. of your suite. My email address is kt6168 @ aol dot com. Thanks for the offer. :)

Hi Kenneth and Tammy,

The minis have the couch and the bathroom is larger and there are 2 TV's which is nice w/ kids. One perk is that you receive a glass of champagne when you have boarded. You do get bottles of shampoo, etc instead of the little packets and upgraded linens.No priority boarding or anthing:(

You could see if any minis w/ extended balconies are available.

Happy Sailing!

ImageResizer.aspx?photoid=4957405&albumid=1979871&userid=15287907&size=550

ImageResizer.aspx?photoid=4957425&albumid=1979871&userid=15287907&size=550

You can see just a bit of the orange life boat there as we took a picture of our friends. You have to stretch over the balcony to see it. We had 4 cabins in a row. If you get the mini suite, I would also recommend being on the PORT side because not only did we get to see the sunsets but as we pulled into each location, we got to see the land as we neared. I have been on the port side before on other ships and that was not the case... but it is with this ship.

This was our first Princess also.. hope you enjoy..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Janet,

Thanks for posting your photos! They are so much clearer and more 'informative' than the ones on Princess's website. One thing I can't tell though, is the verandah totally open, or do you at least have a small covered area just outside the sliding doors? Did you have privacy issues at all (other passengers looking down onto your verandah)?

Thanks so much,

Mike

Dolphin deck mini-suite balconies do not have ANY ceiling overhang. Yes, persons standing on their balconies above can look down on you but you can look up and see them too, if they are standing at the railing.

Dolphin deck balconies are sized about 9 ft. wide x 7.5 ft. deep.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...
Going by the deckplans, it appears the mini-suites' balconies on the Dolphin Deck may look down onto the lifeboats. Is that the case? We're trying to decide between a mini-suite & a balcony cabin. I definitely don't want the lovely view of a lifeboat. :p TIA
mini suite the way to go on dolphine , we did it her first year excellent choice prefer x sky suites.

the reeds

In case anyone is wondering, the Emerald deck also has mini suites. There are about eight on each side towards the rear (but not aft). The difference with these is that the balconies are fully covered. They are AD Category. There are also some on the AFT section, but unsure if they are fully covered.

• 5 years later...

We enjoyed a mini suite on Dolphin Deck and were surprised at how many people were NOT above us looking down. The beauty of this level is that when you look over the balcony you look directly onto the ocean and not someone else's balcony. We loved the unobstructed vie

Archived