DCL Ground Transfers

fernoppi

Can anyone tell me if kids 3 and under have to pay for DCL ground transfers? I'm finding different answers online, but no mention of age on DCL website.

Also has anyone stayed at WDW resorts and head back to MCO to catch DCL earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Kids under 3 do not have to pay on the DCL transfer bus.

Yes, I've done the WDW to MCO to DCL bus routine (it is a bit of a pain,) WDW does not officially do this on Magical Express, so the process is.....you will be required to depart WDW 3 hours before your supposed flight time, but it will only take 45 minutes or so to get from WDW to MCO. Thus, you need to identify a flight that departs about 2 hours after you wish to arrive at MCO and list that as your departing flight with ME, DO NOT turn in your luggage; keep it under the bus that you are on. It is best if you can identify an airline that departs from terminal 2 as the ME bus will drop you at the departing flights area of either terminal 1 or 2 depending on the airline (you can just tell the driver that you need terminal 2). You will then take your luggage to the Welcome Center (lower level, terminal 2) to be assigned to a DCL bus to the cruise terminal. The Welcome Center opens between 8:30 and 9:00 and the first bus departs between 9:15 and 9:30 typically.

Honestly, it is easier and usually cheaper to get a rental car--you can pick up on or near WDW property and drop off near the cruise terminal. Typical cost for the car is under $50 using coupons available on line or from travel magazines, auto clubs, hotels, etc. Add a bit for gas and tolls, and you are still under the cost of 2 people using DCL transfers without all the hassle of 2 bus trips. I do realize that the car pick up/drop off and the car seat issue may be more trouble than you wish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have found a plan that works well for us when staying at Disney and cruising. We have gotten to the boat after 2 pm when we take the transportation from the resorts. We don't like getting there that late!! So now we take the magical express to the airport the night before our cruise. You can leave whenever you want. Just back that up a few hours for the magical express. Last summer we left for the airport at 7 pm for a "10pm" flight. We spend the night at the Marriott by the airport. They offer a free shuttle to/from the airport. The day of our cruise we get to the airport after a short 5 minute ride. They drop you off right next to where you need to hand over your luggage for the cruise. It's very easy! Then we take the ship transportation to the ship. It takes a little less than an hour so you can plan accordingly. It's on our time frame when we want to go. When you get to the airport for check in you just line up and get on a bus. No assigned pick up time. You decide. This works well for us. We cruise 2 times a year and tie a trip to Disney with it. We have been doing this for several years with no problems. Hope this "trick" can work for you.

Also if you are DVC you don't have to use weekend points for the Friday night stay. The price at the Marriott for 1 night is much cheaper.

The above idea takes time, but works. Also, there is no magic to the Mariott. Nearly all the hotels in the area have a complimentary shuttle to/from MCO. Our personal favorite is the Hyatt Place (different from Hyatt MCO)...but there are lots of places in the MCO area.

Yes you are right. Nothing special about the airport Mariott. We are loyal to that brand as my husband is a platinum elite for life. So we always choose Marriott if it's available. Plus the price there is usually competitive with other Hotels in the area