MCO Hyatt Question

gwb3636

I hate to sound like a bumpkin but here is my question. We are staying at the Hyatt MCO the night before our cruise. I was told you can go online with Hyatt and request your luggage be delivered to your room from the carousel but I couldn't get it to work. When we check in could I just give a bellhop my luggage tags and room number instead of doing it online? Are the bellhops right there? I understand I would have to pay $10 for this plus a tip. Which is fine. (I've never done this before)

Anyone staying at the Hyatt for the Dream Cruise April 20 and also taking Travelynx in the morning?

It really isn't a long walk from baggage claim to the hotel. You would have to claim your bags then go up the escalator to the main terminal level and go to the hotel. The hotel is on the east side above the security checkpoint for the trams to the Southwest and Delta concourses. When you go up to the hotel lobby there is a bell stand and bell hops that can take your luggage for you. Also with MCO being a major airport I would not feel comfortable with letting anyone but myself claim my bags and some of the airlines check to see that luggage is indeed picked up by the owner of the bags by matching your claim tag to your luggage.

I have never heard of any service to where the Hyatt bellmen will meet you at baggage claim. I have stayed at this Hyatt multiple times over the years so it might be something new that I have yet to see.

It really isn't a long walk from baggage claim to the hotel. You would have to claim your bags then go up the escalator to the main terminal level and go to the hotel. The hotel is on the east side above the security checkpoint for the trams to the Southwest and Delta concourses. When you go up to the hotel lobby there is a bell stand and bell hops that can take your luggage for you. Also with MCO being a major airport I would not feel comfortable with letting anyone but myself claim my bags and some of the airlines check to see that luggage is indeed picked up by the owner of the bags by matching your claim tag to your luggage.

I have never heard of any service to where the Hyatt bellmen will meet you at baggage claim. I have stayed at this Hyatt multiple times over the years so it might be something new that I have yet to see.

Thank you very much for your response. This is very useful information to me and I will take your advice. I appreciate it. I just wasn't sure how far everything is but you've made it very understandable.

Archived