Big Blue Hole Diving

icunrse

Has anyone arranged a scuba dive at the big blue hole? We are sailing in 2016. For our first cruise, we booked all of our excursions through the ship but to be honest, my scuba loving DH and DS didn't get much out of it. I have been looking at some dive shops on Belize, but it seems like the hole is a fair distance from the port. I'm just wondering if it can be done.

Big blue hole is too far for a cruise. I've dived with Aqua Scuba in San Pedro two cruises in a row. Last dive was Nov 14. Great company.

They book your flight there for you and you can at least seen the blue hole on the way there. They usually do one reef dive and one nurse shark dive but you can always request something different.

I think we took a 1030 flight over and 230 or 3 flight back. Plenty of time for 2 dives and a quick lunch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

You can see the Blue Hole on the flyover from Municipal to San Pedro? Or are you flying somewhere else and Aqua Scuba is meeting you?

You can see the Blue Hole on the flyover from Belize Municipal to San Pedro. You can probably see it on the way back too but I don't think I specifically looked for it. Aqua Scuba will meet you at the San Pedro airport when you arrive. The shop is only a 5 min walk from the airport.

You can see the Blue Hole on the flyover from Belize Municipal to San Pedro. You can probably see it on the way back too but I don't think I specifically looked for it. Aqua Scuba will meet you at the San Pedro airport when you arrive. The shop is only a 5 min walk from the airport.

You can not see the blue hole on any scheduled flight. The Blue hole is in the other direction and outside of the reef.

You will see a lot of cayes on any flight and some of the reef.

So I looked into this because I was told we would see the blue hole on the way over. It seems you see "a" blue hole but not "the" blue hole. Belize has several smaller blue holes off the coast so that must have been what the pilot pointed out to me. What I saw definitely was a blue hole but after googling the big one it definitely wasn't that one.

Either way it is a beautiful short flight!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app