Cured my blues!

I took everyones advice and booked our next cruise, to get rid of my cruise blues after returning from our first cruise last month.

Couldnt wait till summer as previousely planned though, and we are off to the canaries on 4th april!

Cant wait! :)

Any tips on colourful coasts jakanne? Must sees? Not long till ur caribbean cruise now, you must be excited!

Very excited, Lexie!

This is what we did in the Canaries.

Take a Thomson trip on La Gomera or La Palma. Both very similar islands, both excellent trips, both with small ports that you could have a quick look round after returning from trip. Could give you more details but would have to get my file out.

Madeira. Do a search on here as there are some excellent reviews. Loved Funchal, lots to see.

Lanzarote. We got a taxi (€8) to the Cezar Manrique Fundacion. A charge to get in and a wonderful experience. I'll try to find the link for you to see. Recommended by Kruzseeka.

► 9:48► 9:48

1 Jul 2009 - Uploaded by CarLuz TravelVideos

http://carluz.uk.cloudlogin.co/wonder... (where you can find all information, vídeos , pics ...

Gran Canaria. Hop on hop off bus. Get it just outside port gates. Las Palmas is a big city and the hoho bus is a way to see it, though you don't see the beautiful beach and promenade as there is no traffic allowed. The map from Reception shows you how to get to the beach but prepared to get lost amongst the narrow streets and shops!

Tenerife. Not much to see in port IMO. Bus from ship to port entrance and then we walked right along the shoreline to the lido but a lot disappointing as at that time of year it was closed. There's a building that looks similar to Sydney Opera House that we had a look at and if you go there have a look over the wall towards the sea and look down on the rocks to see what you can see. :rolleyes:

Agadir. We got a taxi to the beach. Nice promenade for a walk, a little train for €2 that took you around some of the town and was quite safe and a zoo. Promenade area quite safe and not bothered by anyone. Many people took coach trips or just stayed on the ship.

Fuerteventura. We took the local bus to Corralejo ....a seaside town at the north end of the island. Got to see a bit of the island (like a huge pit heap) until you neared Corralejo and the greyness turned to sand dunes. Get back on the bus at the bus station as ours got very full and had to leave people at the bus stops.

Are you doing one week or two Lexie?

If only doing Colourful Coasts, you won't be going to La Gomera, but I agree with Jackie, it is worth doing tours there and La Palma.

Madeira - the Red bus is better than the yellow one as it does a longer tour and I can recommend getting off at Camera de Lobos, it is a lovely little fishing village, where Winston Churchill used to go to paint.

Gran Canaria - Hoho bus again is good.

Agadir - We are going to follow Jackie's advice and get a taxi to the beach. You can go on a trip to Taroudant.

Lanzarote - the ship docks quite a way from the town of Arecife. But you can get a taxi in quite cheaply, especially if you are prepared to share. There is a lovely lagoon and beach and sometimes a market. We might go to the Cezar Manrique Fundacion this time as we have been to Arecife before.

Thanks for the advice on the canaries, certainly a few things to think about. Ive been on normal holidays to Tenerife, Gran Canaria and my favourite Lanzarote, but looking forward to Madeira. Definately going to do the hop on hop off bus. Whats the botanical gardens like? Also not keen on heights so may give the cable car a miss. Will be interested to hear how you get on in Agadir Linda, as Jakannes idea of the prom sounds good.