Has anybody heard of or had dealings with Windflow tours in Fiji

stingau

I came across this tour company operating in Fiji, mainly around Suva.

Price wise they are extremely competitive but I can't find anyone who has left feedback about the experience. I know the old saying you get what you pay for but this seems to be a small private tour agent.

I was offered a 3 hr tour, including main sites of Suva, drive past

I think, rainforest visit, waterfall visit, and village visit. All costs included ( village entry fee) for $40 aud or $45 inc a Lovo village lunch

Anyone heard anything at all about them?

• 1 year later...

Have recently been to Suva on a cruise and encountered Windflow tours. We encountered them the day before in Lautoka and what they offered seemed good value - $30 for 3 hour authentic village, waterfall, countryside, site seeing around Suva and shopping centre in air conditioned bus. Seemed to be good value so when we docked in Suva, we sought them out.

First issue - the $30 quoted, which we assumed was in local currency, turned out to be Australian dollars instead, so more than we expected.

We were first on the bus and asked how long it would be until we left. We were told about 30 minutes, which we accepted as needed time for people to filter onto bus. An hour later, we were still sitting there. After asking how long it would be, we finally took off but false start - the bus drove around the block, back to the port and we waited another 10 minutes for more people to board. 75 minutes after boarding, we finally took off.

A staff member on board sat at the front of the bus, and talked to those close to her. No microphone so the rest of the bus could not hear her. Thankfully we could read as we had no commentary on where we were or what we were seeing.

Authentic village - we drove in, turned the bus around, and drove out! That was it. No commentary, no getting out, no meeting locals, no dances, no time for photos. Nothing!

Waterfall - we arrived there and went through the entrance gates then stopped for another 10 minutes - the guide had walked back to the entry gates to ? pay. Drove on to waterfall spot and guide walked down with the group but at no time was there an announcement of what time to be back on the bus. We overheard something about an hour so were back in this time frame. 90 minutes after arriving, and more than 30 minutes sitting on the bus, we finally left.

Tour around Suva - no commentary so had no idea what we were looking at. No time for photos except one stop outside some official building with photo opportunity with the guard.

Shopping centre - we got off here and just walked back to the ship, which is about a 10 minute walk. We could not wait to get off the bus.

We did not feel it was worth the money and would certainly not book with them again. In saying that, it seems a lot of other buses spent a lot of time sitting and waiting too, so perhaps its customary to do that, but when on holiday, the last thing one wants to be doing is spending 90 minutes or more on a stationary bus! Book with caution!