Southampton - "Market Day"

Len3

I understand that there is a great local market only on Fridays in Southampton. How far is it from the Holiday Inn,

Herbert Walker, what time is it and what does it offer? Also, how far from our hotel is the Maritime Museum?

I understand that there is a great local market only on Fridays in Southampton. How far is it from the Holiday Inn,

Herbert Walker, what time is it and what does it offer? Also, how far from our hotel is the Maritime Museum?

Have you seen http://www.visit-southampton.co.uk

It has all sorts of info, including maps showing Herbert walker avenue and the bargate (where the market is held) - I would say it is within easy walking distance, 10-15 mins ?

http://www.visit-southampton.co.uk/dbimgs/Central%20Southampton_A3.pdf

On this map, i think your hotel is in square A5 - i think the road marked dock gate 8 is Herbert Walker - its around there anyway.

The market is near the bargate, B4

The maritime museum is also close in B6

The key says 1 square is 1 sq mile & approx 5 mins walk

have to say, that i am not sure i like the new maps on the site, but hopefully they give you an idea

Hope this helps

Karen.

• 1 month later...

If you go on internet and look up Southampton, there is a map of the city. It looks like it is pretty easy to get around.

Archived