Stay in FLL or Miami

melana

I am going on a cruise in Feb 09 and I am having a hard time finding a decent hotel to stay in that is fairly cheap in Miami during that time. i have one booked, The Ramada San Marco Polo (or something like that) on the beach. But I haven't heard that much good things said about that place...

How long does it take to get to the Port of Miami from FLL and would I find any cheaper, decent hotels in FLL at that time of the year...

Any suggestions would be beneficial. I want to stay at a nice place but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg to stay there.

We are driving down the day before our Cruise from the Daytona area and just want a nice relaxing night by the beach before setting sail....

I am going on a cruise in Feb 09 and I am having a hard time finding a decent hotel to stay in that is fairly cheap in Miami during that time. i have one booked, The Ramada San Marco Polo (or something like that) on the beach. But I haven't heard that much good things said about that place...

How long does it take to get to the Port of Miami from FLL and would I find any cheaper, decent hotels in FLL at that time of the year...

Any suggestions would be beneficial. I want to stay at a nice place but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg to stay there.

We are driving down the day before our Cruise from the Daytona area and just want a nice relaxing night by the beach before setting sail....

You might want to use Priceline to get something in downtown Miami. You have plenty of time. Keep the reservation that you have as a backup. Do your homework, and look at what others are getting on this board and on bidding for travel .com. Good Luck.

Mike

I too would suggest Priceline. I just recently tried them after reading all the positive comments on CC. I got a Courtyart/Marriott in OK City for $59 and a suite at Chase Suites in Lincoln NE for $50. The one thing I have read is don't go below a 3 star espescially in some areas. Research is the key as folks have said. Once your bid has been accepted you bought the room so you want to be happy with what you get :eek:.

Barb

Has anyone gotten any really good deals/bids for a 4 star place or would I be safe with a 3-Star. I don't want to be somewhere unsafe. I know Miami can be and it just depends on where you stay and where you go while you are there.

I may try the Priceline bidding once I get closer to my sail date.

Archived