Private taxi vs Tour operator

rl2knot1

We will be taking our first cruise in November. We are a family of 5 kids age 16 15 11. Our interests include beach/snorkling.. Local cuisine.. And shopping. I am trying to decide if we should prebook a tour or if we should hire a taxi for a day to show us around. I have been told taxis are readily available when arriving at port. I am a planner by nature so I would like to have an idea of what our visit will entail. I am also budget savvy! Any advice would be welcome. :)

We have always hired a taxi/van for the day. We use Richard nicknamed 'father'. He will personalize your visit/tour based upon your interests. He is very knowledgeable and personable. You can request him at the taxi stand near the cruise dock or call him ahead of time. Cost is less than a tour operator and is not a canned tour.

* Enjoy your visit.

MR. RICHARDS (nickname- father)

MOBILE--- 1-721-690-101-571

FRENCHSIDE TAXI 155

Taxi Supervisor

Donald Krhythoft

1-721-580-6407

Edited by Jolly Mon Sings

We have always hired a taxi/van for the day. We use Richard nicknamed 'father'. He will personalize your visit/tour based upon your interests. He is very knowledgeable and personable. You can request him at the taxi stand near the cruise dock or call him ahead of time. Cost is less than a tour operator and is not a canned tour.

* Enjoy your visit.

MR. RICHARDS (nickname- father)

MOBILE--- 1-721-690-101-571

FRENCHSIDE TAXI 155

Taxi Supervisor

Donald Krhythoft

1-721-580-6407

What did he charge, and how long was the tour?

OMG we just got back a little over a week ago from St Maarten and went on the Soualiga Destinations boat tour.....AMAZING!!!!! What an adverture!! His son Brett was the captain for our boat and Laura was his first mate and hostess!! They were terriffic the tour was nothing short of amazing and exiciting and beautiful!!!! Check them out on youtube and trip advisor! Honestly the highlight of our cruise!!! You can't go wrong with this private tour!!! Would ablsolutlely do it again and again and again!!! LOL!!!! I could have spent the entire time swimming with the sea turtles in their natural enviorment with no other humans in site other then our boat at the time!! The water was azul clear, like a post card!! Don't even think about doing anything in St Maarten by land , we went around the entire ilsand via speed boat and WOW!!!!!!!

image.jpg.5a1be594e4202b30fa130c330f07b674.jpg