Pat & Diane - Suspending snorkeling?

Stevo24

Hello all,

Anyone have any information about Pat & Diane's snorkeling excursions in Freeport? I tried to contact them and received a response saying they were "temporarily suspending boat and snorkeling tours".

Anyone heard about this? We were looking forward to doing some snorkeling in Freeport. Any others you'd recommend?

Thanks

We got an email yesterday canceling our excursion through their company. Disappointing bc we have used that company a few times and always enjoyed ourselves. Sitting here right now loking for a different company to book for next month.

Yes, the same thing happened to me - I got an e-mail, although it was confusing, so I called them and spoke to Diane. She said two large hotels have still not reopened since the hurricane, and they get many of their customers from those two hotels, so they were stopping their tours temporarily. She was unclear about when they would be stopping the tours, but she did confirm that mine on Apr 10 was cancelled. She said they expect to be back up and running again, maybe around August. She did say they still offered some tours through the cruise ships (she mentioned Blue Hole and Crystal Bay, I think), but I couldn't find them. We ended up making alternate plans.

Yes, the same thing happened to me - I got an e-mail, although it was confusing, so I called them and spoke to Diane. She said two large hotels have still not reopened since the hurricane, and they get many of their customers from those two hotels, so they were stopping their tours temporarily. She was unclear about when they would be stopping the tours, but she did confirm that mine on Apr 10 was cancelled. She said they expect to be back up and running again, maybe around August. She did say they still offered some tours through the cruise ships (she mentioned Blue Hole and Crystal Bay, I think), but I couldn't find them. We ended up making alternate plans.

Thanks for the reply. I hate they decided to suspend tours. We were excited about checking them out from all the reviews on Trip Advisor. Mind if I ask, did you find elsewhere for snorkeling (assuming that's what you had planned with Pat & Diane)?

I can recommend Deed Man's Reef/Paradise cove. There is a discussion on the board about them. Quickly--after Pat & Diane cancelled the day of our snorkeling trip, the driver recommend Paradise Cove. We paid $16 round trip transportation each, $3 entrance fee, $5 locker rental & brought our own gear. Had a fantastic time. The driver waited for us & took us back in plenty of time. You can also book on their website.

I can recommend Deed Man's Reef/Paradise cove. There is a discussion on the board about them. Quickly--after Pat & Diane cancelled the day of our snorkeling trip, the driver recommend Paradise Cove. We paid $16 round trip transportation each, $3 entrance fee, $5 locker rental & brought our own gear. Had a fantastic time. The driver waited for us & took us back in plenty of time. You can also book on their website.

Thank you! I'll look into them.

NCL abandoning Freeport? I am booked on 11/27/17 Sky and just got a letter from NCL that they canceled my Freeport excursion do to operational issues. Just spoke with the tour operator (Diane from Pat and Diane) to book direct and she informed me that she is suspending her tours when NCL is scheduled to be in port because word on the street is that NCL is going to stop going to Freeport!!! I know the SKY is now going to Cuba, but they were going to keep the Thanksgiving/Christmas cruises going to the Bahamas.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read the water is too rocky to swim, is that true? I want to snorkel and my DD will have a beach day.