Pullmantur Empress Oct 11

crazyally

Good Morning Everyone

We have just booked a cruise on the Pullmantur Empress departing from Palma on Oct 11th.

I understand that this cruise is primarily spanish, but don't have a problem with that as got a good deal

Just wondered if anyonelse was going on this cruise or had sailed with Pullmantur before

Thanks

Ally

• 2 months later...
Good Morning Everyone

We have just booked a cruise on the Pullmantur Empress departing from Palma on Oct 11th.

I understand that this cruise is primarily spanish, but don't have a problem with that as got a good deal

Just wondered if anyonelse was going on this cruise or had sailed with Pullmantur before

Thanks

Ally

Hi Ally

I am thinking of booking that cruise on the 11th oct flying from Liverpool .Had a quote from Liverpool cruise club to day £775 PP outside cabin for 7 Nights. Do you think that is a good deal ? Hope to see you soon.

Hi soulboy

That does sound a good deal we paid just over 600 each for inside cabin. Really looking forward 2 the cruise, on the other pullmantur thread I think there was a review or blog that wr found really helpful. We are going with an open kind and will definately brace the all inclusive option, be good 2 see u there

Ally

Hi,

Went on Empress last October around Med from Valencia. We had a great time. It isn't a luxury cruise but great fun. Whilst most of the passengers were Spanish there were probably around 200 English speaking too. Plenty of info in English + daily schedule. All inclusive was fantastic - from morning till very late no worries about running up a huge bar bill. Great coffees early morning in the piano bar and decent wine, cava and cocktails later on. The biggest problem was the noise. Not too intrusive but many tended to be in very large groups and very loud! Great fun though!

• 4 weeks later...

We are booked on the Greek/Turkish islands cruise which sails from Athens on September 23rd. This will be our 3rd cruise with Pullmantur. Some don't like it because its very casual, hardly saw a dinner suit/gown at all! But we don't cruise for that we just love visiting somewhere different everyday, and getting a good price! Yes, mainly Spanish, don't let that put you off, you won't be with them during the day anyway!!! We made some great Spanish people at Dinner and have in kept contact for 3 years.

We were on the Empress in the Baltics and Norway (back to back cruises) from May 18-June 1. There were about 30 English speakers on this cruise. You have to ask the Maître D to be seated with other English speakers. We made many new friends once we were seated at one of these tables. At first they put us at a table for eight alone!!! We actually talked to the people at the table next to us. They had 2 empty seats so we moved over. The staff was worried the Maître D wouldn't like it ... but it was ok. We had English, Australians, Polish, Canadian and Americans. Most of the staff spoke English to some degree.

On one of the excursions with mostly Spainards, in St Petersburg, they had an English speaking guide for us on the bus.

The only problem we had with the Spanish was ... they didn't seem to know how to stand in line or queue. This was a little upsetting for those of us who were taught to wait your turn.. On the other hand the all inclusive part of the cruise was wonderful. Wine, Beer, Cava, soft drinks, mixed drinks and coffees... Whoo hoo!!!

Most of the community areas are on a couple of decks .. this made it easy to find something that was going on during the cruise. The ship is an older one but it is well kept up. I wish it exterior windows had fewer scratches and would have been washed more, but I guess they cannot keep them clean all the time.

At the end of our cruise, we were told to put our luggage outside our room and pick them up on the dock at our leisure, since we were not on a Pullmantur flight out that day. Well, our bag was picked up by someone else. When the mistake was noticed, at the airport, our bag was given to a Pullmantur representative ... we have not gotten it back yet. They said they would look for it. It has been a month and still no luck... Seems like it should be easy to find since we told them what happened and it was given to their rep. The man who picked up our bag by mistake has not received his luggage either.

We are still debating whether or not to take another Pullmantur Cruise... maybe after we get our luggage back, we will think about it.

• 2 months later...
Good Morning Everyone

Thanks

Ally

Hi Ally

We're joining this cruise 2 days later in Malaga. From what I've been able to find on the web it looks fine and likewise got a good deal. Have a little bit of Spanish but very far from fluent in any way. Not too concerned about that though. Reviews are mixed but I guess if you go with an open mind and not expecting the height of luxury you won't be disappointed. Looking forward to the stops along the way.

Archived