Emerald pool with 4 year olds, doable?

cruiser77

We would like to see the Emerald pool with our 4 year old twins, would it be possible and how long is the walk to the pool? Somewhere I read it said 30 minute walk and cruise critic said 15 minute walk to the pool. Also how long is the taxi ride to the pool?

cruiser77

We would like to see the Emerald pool with our 4 year old twins, would it be possible and how long is the walk to the pool? Somewhere I read it said 30 minute walk and cruise critic said 15 minute walk to the pool. Also how long is the taxi ride to the pool?

cruiser77

I haven't been to the pool, but can advise it is 13 miles from the port about 25 min by vehicle. The walk to the pool is 30 minutes. Only you know your family and its abilities. The island is beautiful once you leave the port area. Most of the activities are for adults and older children who can walk longer distances, enjoy the water and scenery.

Dave

• 1 month later...

Yes completely doable! There are a lot of steps but it's spaced out so it's not too strenuous. My boy loves all the foliage and had to examine every tree. The water is cold, but if you can get in you get used to it fast. It's probably about 10-15 minute walk. It's really not bad at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

As the post above mentioned, the 15-minute walk is not difficult. Yes, the water is not warm; however, it is very refreshing. Be careful of the rocks at the pool as they can be slippery in places. Wear water shoes.