Quality of the lunch included tours at St.Petersburg by Alla

I have booked a comfort tour 2 days at SPB with Alla Tours which includes 2 lunches- day 1 at a Stolle(Pie) shop & day 2 at a local restaurant some where near Peterhoff.

A bit concerned about the food quality as I am on certain medications which trigger the build up of stomach acids & the thought of eating flour laden pies is a bit scary.

I have the option of carrying cold food stuff from the ship(which is not my 1st option!) or of not taking their lunch- but can I order to my liking at the restaurants or step out to any other eatery near by during the lunch stops Alla makes for an hour. I did ask the name of the restaurant they use so that I could check out its menu but the answer was not very upfront or forthcoming. Instead they said I could opt out from the lunches.

I would like to take an informed decision, so can some help please.

TIA... Shona.

On the first day of our Alla tour we ate in a beer-hall style restaurant. The borscht, stroganoff and beer were delicious. Good ambiance, too. Second day was a packed box lunch we ate in our mini van, travelling between palaces. Sandwich, fruit, cookies. Not anything special.

BTW, our tour guide, Oksana, was outstanding. Made our visit to SPB very worthwhile. We were more than satisfied with Alla.