Blogging from an Antipodean

MargoK

My DH and I embarked on our second cruise in December 2010, having previously cruised way back on 1996 on the Southern Cross to the Pacific. Boy have things changed! :D

The best thing of all, just after we booked I discovered Cruise Critics, and have been addicted since. ;)

Anyway I started a journal on DH laptop on the cruise, and DH was in charge of photo taking. And eventually my Blog was born - www.travellingkellys.blogspot.com

My initial reasons for starting the blog, was to encourage those with limited mobility to go cruising and to travel. I have Muscular Dystrophy, and currently mobilise using a walking frame (walker / zimmer) 90% of the time at home and work otherwise I use a powechair. For ease of weekly shopping trips and for travel we invested in a Puzzle Chair, which only weighs 42kgs and breaks down into three parts for easy stowage. (And has been the subject of interest from confused bag handlers etc.. )

Since going live I have shared the blog with friends, fellow cruisers from 2010 and those on our Roll Call for this coming Christmas/ New Year.

Then I noticed there is a forum for blogs on Cruise Critic's - yes a bit slow on the uptake but hey there is a lot to read!!:rolleyes:

So here it is!

Enjoy. All comments and constructive criticism appreciated ;)

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

Today I have spent the afternoon finally uploading my Blog of our October land trip - to Noosa on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland Australia.

So take a look sometime http://travellingkellys.blogspot.com/

And of course I will be compiling a Blog while on the Celebrity Century for Christmas and New Year - less than three weeks away!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, Pete & I are just back from a wonderful 13 night cruise aboard the Celebrity Century - Christmas and New Year, Sydney to Auckland.

I am now in the process of uploading 31 pages of blog writing I did onboard along with some fabulous photos taken by Pete.

So come along and enjoy the ride! It may take a couple of weeks to upload everything - good things take time ;) :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

It has been a long time between cruises - far too long for my liking but that is the way it is!

On 21 December 2015 we board the Golden Princess in Melbourne for a 13 night cruise around NZ - no other Australian ports.

We will stay the at the Vibe Savory in Melbourne the night before.

Bonus is we have Christmas Day in Auckland - home!

So once we are home I will get busy completing my blog with photos etc.

http://travellingkellys.blogspot.com/

If anyone has any questions or anything they wish me to check out onboard let me know.

We have booked an inside accessible cabin E716. We understand it is about 310 sqft which will be rather nice. Nearly the size of a window suite without a window (of course) or the perks. My only concern will be that we are above the Vista Lounge. Hopefully noise will not be an issue.

Edited by MargoK

• 3 months later...

Well another cruise holiday is over so I have started writing the blog which you can follow here:

http://www.travellingkellys.blogspot.com

Day one is the trip from NZ to Melbourne

Day two is embarkation of Golden Princess and Cabin / Stateroom E716

I will be posting more on the actual cruise in due course.

Happy to answer any questions