RCCL Independence of the Seas Wedding

Hey everyone! I've seen past posts from a few years ago about weddings on Independence of the Seas but I haven't really seen any pictures and in depth details. My guy and I just booked our cruise on Indy departing on January 25th, 2015 in our first junior suite :-)

I'm really weighing the pros and cons of onboard vs beach and using Royal Romance vs a Private planner. I actually book weddings for a living with Radisson (part of the reason I chose not to do a traditional wedding). I love weddings but I don't want to work my day too much.

The ports of call are Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica. I haven't really found much information on Falmouth. I'm leaning towards a beach wedding but I'm not entirely sure I'm impressed with Royal Romances offerings compared to price. Then again I'm always paranoid of not being able to port and losing out on money.

Thank you all ahead of time!

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great topic! I'm in the same situation. RCCL with Roatan. Belize, and Cozumel as the destinations! Have been in contact with Cozumelweddingplanner.com and would love to hear some insight from those who have used RCCL wedding packages, instead! Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm hard questions i used ROyal Romance it was very expensive but everyone loved it.......if i could go back i wouldve looked more in depth in getting married on the beach instead depends on what you and your husband would like to do instead or outdoors would be the major decision! lol

If you plan your wedding at a port of call I suggest that you get private trip insurance to cover the amount of the wedding in addition to cost of your cruise. A few years ago we planned a vow renewal in Venice before our cruise. First our plane was delayed 12 hours and then we did not have luggage for another 24 hours. The wedding planning company was nice enough to move the ceremony to our last day in Venice, the day we embarked on our cruise. Unfortunately my husband passed out that morning and dislocated his big toe. We spent all day in the hospital and barely made our cruise. (Once the orthopedist put his toe back in place he was fine except for a little pain.)

I apologize for the ramble, but we had prepaid over $6000 to the wedding planner and they would not refund one penny! Luckily my trip insurance covered the entire amount! While this will not help with your disappoint over a change of plans it can prevent a big loss of dollars.

Edited by flcruiser3

• 2 weeks later...

We are 2 weeks from departure on the Oasis of the Seas with an At Sea wedding booked. At this point in time I am not happy with the service I've gotten from Royal Romance or the choice of an At Sea wedding. It was more expensive than a shore or port wedding, at the time we decided that we were ok with that. We had a vision of this beautiful wedding on the deck of the ship around sunset....perfect for us! And worth the extra money. Just this week as I spoke with the wedding planner for the first time (we sail Feb 1!) we've been told that weddings must be indoors for safety and security reasons and the captain is not available after 2pm to perform the ceremony. My best advise...before you make the decision to be married on the ship make sure it will be what you want.

• 5 months later...

I too was in this same predicament. I heard too many stories in which the cruise line was not communicating well. That could drive a bride crazy! If you go through a private on-island consultant you get everything you want at a fraction of the price. It just takes a little bit of trust, and I like the response to get trip insurance that covers the cost of it. Very Smart.

• 4 weeks later...
That's a great topic! I'm in the same situation. RCCL with Roatan. Belize, and Cozumel as the destinations! Have been in contact with Cozumelweddingplanner.com and would love to hear some insight from those who have used RCCL wedding packages, instead! Thanks so much!

Hello,

I wanted to ask you to see if you ended up using cozumelweddingplanner and what do you think about the service?We are getting married in April 2015 and were thinking to use independent agency instead of RCCL (Librty of the Seas)

We are 2 weeks from departure on the Oasis of the Seas with an At Sea wedding booked. At this point in time I am not happy with the service I've gotten from Royal Romance or the choice of an At Sea wedding. It was more expensive than a shore or port wedding, at the time we decided that we were ok with that. We had a vision of this beautiful wedding on the deck of the ship around sunset....perfect for us! And worth the extra money. Just this week as I spoke with the wedding planner for the first time (we sail Feb 1!) we've been told that weddings must be indoors for safety and security reasons and the captain is not available after 2pm to perform the ceremony. My best advise...before you make the decision to be married on the ship make sure it will be what you want.

We have booked our wedding at sea on Allure for feb 1 2015....any feedback? Did you regret it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums