Map Showing Point A & Point B ??

vegasvkg

Hi all, first post on cruise critic, so please forgive me if I am in the wrong area.

I have watched many cruise videos that have a map showing one point on the map. Then a line draws (typically a red one) to the next point.

Does anyone know what program or site is used to create this. My wife and I are excited to go on Back-to-Back Allure of the Seas cruises in October/November, and I know I will be creating a video of our voyage. I would really like to show the map, indicating where we are going to on each step of the way.

Thought I would throw this out there to see if someone might have any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

That is a feature in Apple's iMovie software. Very easy to do.

Thanks Tommy3putts. I guess I will find a different way to show our "legs" of the trip, since I don't have apple. At least I finally found out. Thanks for the reply.

I don't have imovie either......here is what I've done on some videos (although it doesn't look as cool as the imovie feature)

.....there is usually a map with your route on the itinerary page for your cruise (on the RC website).

....right click and save the map as a photo

....include the photo with a zoom in or zoom out effect in Microsoft movie maker

Here is an example near the very beginning of the video:

Hi Vegas.

Your question got me thinking, and have me an idea for my upcoming cruise.

Google Earth has the ability to draw a "path" between 2 places and then you can "fly" between the 2.

It's seems quite simple and I'm playing about with it at the moment. If I get any joy I'll post a vid.