och rios-bamboo beach club vs jewel runaway bay

elaine5

going to ocho rios in April. it looks like we could book bamboo beach club for $15PP vs. $90 PP for Jewel Runaway Bay, both with transport included. But, would we have to pay for chairs @ Bamboo? Lunch? Drinks? So, can anyone give me approx prices? If I am paying $5/chair, $7 umbrella, $8 per drink x2, $10 for lunch, I am now at at least $50, so maybe Jewel is not such a bad deal after all? I looked at a few Utube videos and BBC looks like more of a loud, crazy atmosphere? Traveling party is Mom (me) grandma, teens 19, 18, 13. Anyone recommend Jewel/BBC? thanks, Elaine

• 4 weeks later...
going to ocho rios in April. it looks like we could book bamboo beach club for $15PP vs. $90 PP for Jewel Runaway Bay, both with transport included. But, would we have to pay for chairs @ Bamboo? Lunch? Drinks? So, can anyone give me approx prices? If I am paying $5/chair, $7 umbrella, $8 per drink x2, $10 for lunch, I am now at at least $50, so maybe Jewel is not such a bad deal after all? I looked at a few Utube videos and BBC looks like more of a loud, crazy atmosphere? Traveling party is Mom (me) grandma, teens 19, 18, 13. Anyone recommend Jewel/BBC? thanks, Elaine

I'm in the same boat. was considering Jewel resorts for our beach day, but they will be from approx. 10 -2:30pm. can't see that being worth almost $100 each no matter how nice. Trip Advisor reviews has Bamboo at $14 a person with a chair included. food is included with the tours; but those are $70 pp. so , i'm thinking the food and drinks are definately Not included.

We booked Bamboo beach through Carnival one, it was the worst experience you can imagine...not recommended!

We are trying to decide what to do in Jamaica when we visit in June. What was so bad with the Bamboo Beach Club? We are considering Jewel Runaway Bay that we found at resort for a day .com.

Anyone with good or bad experiences? We are a family of two adults and two girls, 15 and 17.

A few questions please...

Is Bamboo Beach Club within walking distance or quick taxi ride from Ocho Rios port? And is it safe to do that?

Really having a difficult time trying to decide on a Beach Excursion thru Carnival while in Jamaica.

Reviews for the beaches are all over the place!! (as many unhappy people as there are happy) I just about ready to stay on the ship.

We are looking for a beach to just relax on that has a place to rest, walkable sand, swim able water and some food and drinks!! It does not have to be all exclusive.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We really enjoyed our day at Jewel Runaway Bay last month. It is a gorgeous resort, the staff was very welcoming, the food was great, the drinks were free flowing & the glass bottom boat exceeded our expectations.

The water park was not open yet but has now opened.

The only negative was that we were only at the resort from 10-2:30 & the time flew by!

Juli

A few questions please...

Is Bamboo Beach Club within walking distance or quick taxi ride from Ocho Rios port? And is it safe to do that? If it's where I think it is it would be a very long walk from Ohio Rios. (when I am in Jamaica I normally take the local taxi which cost me around 1US dollar for a single journey.

Really having a difficult time trying to decide on a Beach Excursion thru Carnival while in Jamaica.

Reviews for the beaches are all over the place!! (as many unhappy people as there are happy) I just about ready to stay on the ship.

We are looking for a beach to just relax on that has a place to rest, walkable sand, swim able water and some food and drinks!! It does not have to be all exclusive.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I read somebody before saying that they went to the Jewel resort. I don't know how much that costs but I would imagine it would be very nice & better than the Bamboo. I stayed at the Riu resort which is in between the Jewel and the Bamboo Beach that's how I know. The facilities at the Bamboo beach are actually not bad, but the sea has a lot of seaweed if that bothers you. (if I have the wrong Bamboo I apologise in advance)

reporting back--liked Bamboo BLu Beach Club near Ocho Rios a lot--this is NOT Bamboo Beach. Blu is in Mammee (?) Bay community. We used Jaitaltours.com for $15PP shuttle and admission, chairs $10. We got 1 chair and put other towels on the sand. Decent shade, looks like google picture I saw. A bit rustic, some seaweed, but nice--DD18 thought it was very "islandly" feeling. No vendors hassling at all. Can get braids (3 were $6) from a lady with a shop onsite. I would use Jaital again and go there again. We stayed 10-1pm, b/c we wanted to shop. Driver was late due to traffic, so pad in extra time. Jaital lady stayed at Blu the entire time to assist us (unneeded). A great day! elaine