Animal Loves Tour! Need advice.. Aruba Lisa? Anyone?

fromda

Hello All,

I will be in Aruba April 23rd from 8am to 4pm. My three friends and I were very interested in doing the Animal Lovers tour provided by Kukoo Kunuku. I made the reservation online but one of their representatives emailed me back stating that they are only running the Animal Lovers tour with groups of 20 or more. Well, we're bummed :( It's only 4 of us and I guess no one else from our cruise has tried to book this tour. However, we would still like to go to the Donkey Sanctuary, Butterfly Farm and Phillips Animal Garden. I am making this post to get some advice about the best ways to visit these three attractions.

Does any Arubus stops travel to these locations?

Could we get a taxi to take us to all three places - round trip for a decent price?

What other means of transportation can we take?

Are any of the attractions in close proximity to one another?

Do you know any other touring companies that provide a tour with these three destinations?

Thank You in advance for your help!

The easiest thing to do would be to hire a taxi by the hour and hit all your stops. Taxis by the hour are $45 per hour for up to a maximum of 5 passengers.

The cheaper option would be to rent a car for the day and drive yourself.

The Butterfly Farm IS on the bus route, others are not.

Thank You for responding!

Renting a car sounds interesting. I am just nervous about getting lost or finding the attractions. Are there signs around town or a map we can follow? Would GPS work there? Also which rental companies do you suggest that are at the cruise port or can pick us up from the cruise terminal? Also, which bus line is the butterfly farm on?

Thanks again :)

There are some signs, but not a lot.

Main roads are not too bad, back roads, that is another story.

We have not used the GPS in a couple of years, so cannot comment.

The positive, the island is only 6 miles wide and 19.6 miles long. If you are lost head east or west and you will shortly come to the coast. ;)

Taxi would be a time saver. You will avoid having to do the paperwork, pickup, dropoff, etc...