Advance booking of excursions

Alsagman

Booked on Arcadia world cruise 2017. We received all the info and adverts on the various excursions and decided to book a couple in advance. One in particularly in Sri Lanka we are really keen on, as the last time there it was over subscribed. What an opportunity we thought.

Paid our money ...fantastic.

Today we got an email saying our credit card had been refunded then and email saying it was for the trip cancellation. Thinking this was an error I called to be told the trip had been pulled due to lack of interest.

Firstly the last time it was as I detailed oversubscribed, secondly the trip is not until March 31st.

I wonder why anyone now should pre book any on board activity as P&O is only taking a punt on what it might provide. ie. its all about their potential yield per passenger, rather than providing great experiences.

I strongly suspect that the Arcadia will swerve Sri Lanka on this cruise.:mad::mad:

Was it the elephant orphanage? It has been pulled on personaliser. Strange. Difficult to believe cancelled due to lack of interest. I thought the orphanage relied on tourist revenue.

You are right, a lot of RWC passengers book trips on board after hearing the port talks and talking to passengers.

I was tempted to pre-book the trip to Kandy even though I did in 2014 because is billed as new for this year. It now includes part of the trip by train but according to essential information still has 7 hours of travel. :eek:

I would like to go to a beach in Colombo but the pando offering has mixed reviews. Taxi to another local beach is being considered but again mixed reviews as it can be rough sea. There is a worry about traffic congestion and the reliability of taxis.

A swerve around Sri Lanka to Seychelles would suit me.

Arcadia World Cruise 2017 roll call is discussing DIY excursions.