Dunn's River Falls after back surgery?

debsters41

Granted the surgery will have been six months before the excursion, but please help me out if you can.

I need to know if the trail next to the falls themselves is very strenuous for someone with back problems.

Can someone go in and out from the trail next to the falls? Meaning, can they make a quick escape if they can't handle it or jump in on an 'easy' section?

Also very important: On an excursion with Royal Caribbean, how is the bus ride over? Is it smooth or very jarring?

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide :D

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, so it has been decided not to do the climb, but I still need to know about the bus! Is it a bumpy ride?

Depends on your driver!

Did you talk to your surgeon about this trip?? I would get his advice.

Granted the surgery will have been six months before the excursion, but please help me out if you can.

I need to know if the trail next to the falls themselves is very strenuous for someone with back problems.

Can someone go in and out from the trail next to the falls? Meaning, can they make a quick escape if they can't handle it or jump in on an 'easy' section?

Also very important: On an excursion with Royal Caribbean, how is the bus ride over? Is it smooth or very jarring?

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide :D

We've only been there once, but the trails next to the falls are wooden stairs (with a platform or two with a place to sit down). I had a bad knee so I did not climb the falls. I had no problems with the stairs. I followed my family on the stairs and took photos of them climbing the falls. There are exits from the falls where you can leave (or join) the falls and use the stairs. I do not remember how many, but I do remember the exits. I don't remember the ride there being bumpy. We hired a guide and he took us to the parking lot.

Edited by twinkletoes4445

Instead of an excursion, we just took a cab. It was just like driving in a car - pretty smooth. Several folks decided against climbing the falls and walked up the path alongside. The cab was waiting when we were finished.