Montreal - Daytime Luggage Storage

Tom Pepper

I know this topic has been raised before but I can't find any recent info so I'll pose my question here if that's OK.

We are four friends arriving Montreal port on Crystal Symphony at 8am on 20 Sept and departing same day from airport (YUL) at 22.35. So we will each have a large suitcase which we would like to leave securely somewhere near the port while we sightsee. We would then want to collect our luggage and take a taxi or van to the airport.

Crystal cannot help as they do not have a storage facility at the port. I know they offer transfers to the airport but you end up spending hours stuck at an airport hotel so we'd like to avoid that.

I tried the port authority website and email but got nowhere so I would welcome any suggestions on this please.

TIA

Tom

The central railway station offers storage from 7:30am to 6:30pm Sundays - and should only be 10min/$10ish cab ride from the pier. It's right under the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth too, which has a dedicated bell staff who could be persuaded to hold your bags for an up-front tip so you'd have a couple of options under the same roof if for example the station staff are actually asking for proof of same day train travel rather than just an ID when dropping off bags.

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I saw somewhere - probably TA - that you needed a train ticket to be allowed to leave luggage at the station However your hotel suggestion sounds worth pursuing. Before our cruise we are staying 4 nights at the Intercontinental in New York and I see there is one in Montreal so maybe they might be amenable to looking after our luggage with the help of an upfront tip. We could possibly get the NY Interconti bell staff to contact their Montreal counterparts to ask on our behalf.

There are city buses that go to the airport. There is a left luggage place at the airport but the airline will tell you that there isn't one. Easy to do and take the bus back to the center of the city. Did this two years ago when we had a very long layover on our way to Greece.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I followed up the idea of using an hotel and emailed the concierge at the Intercontinental who has agreed that,

because we will have been staying pre-cruise at their New York hotel, we can leave our luggage there temporarily for a small charge. So our problem is solved thanks.