glass bottom boat / jet ski recommendations?

chanpion13

hi! can anyone recommend good glass bottom boat tours to check out shipwrecks and fish?

also any jet ski suggestions or where to even find these excursions?

humbly appreciative! thanks.

Edited by chombiekay

• 2 weeks later...

Any particularly good (or bad) glass bottom boat trips? My parents are considering it (mom can't swim, dad probably can't anymore), and I'd like to steer them to a really good experience. The last one I saw a review of didn't sound so great.

Both are available in the dockyards, walking distance from the ship. Look for a pink ticket booth near the ferries. We didn't rent jet skis, but did take the glass bottom boat tour, the one without the snorkeling, and enjoyed it. Takes you to a wreck close to shore, where a lot of fish gather. We saw coral, but it was not all that beautiful or colorful as we've seen elsewhere, mostly greyish and the water was very shallow. Also on the return they served Rum Swizzles and you get a nice tour of the Island from the sea. Coming back into the harbor the boat circles around the two docked ships for a nice photo opportunity.

Edited by J&B in GA

Destiny tours is an awesome glass bottom boat tour. They took us out by the wreck the vixen and we saw tons of fish. We even saw a couple of sea turtles swimming near the boat. The captain of the boat "cookie" is very entertaining and knowledgable of the sea life and Bermuda.

There is a tour booth right in dockyard near where the ferries pull up. The cost was very reasonable - I think it was $25 per person.

• 4 weeks later...

For planning purposes, does anyone know if any of these jet ski tours are payable by cash only or do they accept credit cards? I have read several posts saying you must use cash in Bermuda and I'm trying to figure out just how much cash I might need.

Thanks.