Powerboat Adventure Nassau

wantavacay

We will be in Nassau on the Enchantment of the Seas and would love to do Powerboat Adventures trip to Exuma. They leave the ferry terminal at 9:30 (although if we can get to the Hilton, we can be picked up at 8:15) and returns around 5:15. Since we are there until midnight, it seems as if we will have plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Also, there are no refunds if the ship doesn't pull into Nassau, only for inclement weather. This is a pricey excursion. Should I be worried about either of these issues? We're super excited about the possibility of this excursion.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone was wondering, this was the best. excursion. ever. There were no problems with timing, etc. It was an absolutely amazing day, and I would highly recommend it if you have the opportunity. You won't regret it.

• 2 weeks later...
In case anyone was wondering, this was the best. excursion. ever. There were no problems with timing, etc. It was an absolutely amazing day, and I would highly recommend it if you have the opportunity. You won't regret it.

Can you please give details of how the day went? Like transportation, activities, food. We will be in Nassau 8am -11:59pm. We stumbled across PBA online and liked what we saw on their website.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this trip in September 2013, so not sure if anything has changed or not. I was staying at a hotel in Nassau, and they picked us up at the hotel. We were taken to the dock, where we checked in and had a short wait. Our first stop on the boat was to the island with the iguanas, which is really a spectacular sight. You will get off the boat in shallow water and wade over to the iguanas. As you exit the boat, you are given a small handful of grapes to feed the iguanas. They don't give you many, so I strongly advise you to try to get some from your cruise ship so you have extra. The iguanas hear the boat coming, and they all start running to the beach, as they know people are coming with grapes, which they love. :D If anyone does not want to get off the boat here, they can still observe the iguanas from the boat.

Next, you will be off to Ship Channel Cay. When we arrived, they had pre-made lunch meat sandwiches, chips, and a little bit of fruit as a snack until the food was served later. You are then free to go swimming, snorkeling, or hang at the bar. For the snorkeling, the current was pretty strong, and it was too much for me and some others, so be aware of that. The water off the beach is spectacular there, and at some point you will get to feed stingrays and view a shark feeding/wrangling show. The stingrays are incredible, they swim right up to you and between your legs.

At some point, they had a very large buffet with meats, salads, fish, fruit, breads, etc. The bar is open the entire time, and the bar tender is fantastic. It was a spectacular day, and I would highly recommend it. I took my son there as a graduation gift two years ago, and he still talks about Ship Channel Cay and our time there. If you have any questions, let me know, and I will try to remember. :) BTW, there are a bunch of good you tubes about this trip if you do a search.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

we will be at Nassau with Enchantment of the Seas in October and really want to do this tour but the ship will be arriving at Nassau 8 AM. Can you tell me how fast you could leave the cruise ship and how everything went in the moring? Did you have to queue up really early to leave the ship fast? And how did you get to Paradise Island to check in, by taxi?

Would really appreciate your help :)

Thanks and greetings, Lisa