Freeport - Paradise Cove Question

ladyvette826

Hi... my family will be visiting Freeport next week on the Carnival Fascination and have been trying to decide between going to the Grand Lucayan Resort or Paradise Cove. Both look wonderful, but I was reading somewhere that the beach floor was really rocky at Paradise Cove. Is this true? Can someone who has been there give me some more information about this? I have two daughters, 12 & 14, so I don't want them hurting their feet if there is a lot of rocks. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from there. Before porting I was torn between the two options as well. Ultimately, I went with paradise cove because I figured it would be the most bang for my buck.

The ocean floor there is rocky, but for the most part it is smooth rock, and there are some spots you could probably get in and out staying on the sand. While we were there the ocean was a bit ruff compared to our previous day in nassau, so it wasn't nearly as enjoyable (plus a lot of people).

If I were to do it again, I would choose the Grand Lucayan. Left paradise cove feeling a bit disappointed. But again, may have just been because of the ruff seas and not having ideal snorkeling conditions.

If I were to do it again, I would choose the Grand Lucayan. Left paradise cove feeling a bit disappointed. But again, may have just been because of the ruff seas and not having ideal snorkeling conditions.

Last time, we went to the Lucayan. The weather was great, but we left feeling disappointed.

If you just want to lay on the sand, it has that... but there isn't anything worth seeing underwater. For that, you either need a boat, or have to go to Paradise Cove.