Debarkation Day New Orleans tour???

Nuttycruisegirl

• 3 weeks later...

I would check www.nola.com or google visit New Orleans.

It is so hard for me to say, being that I live here. What are the age groups and what day of the week are you looking for?

I would suggest the World War II museum which is in the warehouse district, adjacent to the cruise port; Street car ride thru downtown and the Garden District. They have swamp tours, cemetery tours, which is very COOL! They also have the "katrina" tours.

It is really hard to say when I don't know the age group. You can email me at klstiger@cox.net, if you have any questions. I rarely check this site... my cruise is not until February and right now we are focusing on hurricanes...

CruiseGirl,

hubby and I took this tour upon our return to port--one month before Katrina hit NOLA. It was a wonderful tour and made it all the more tragic when we saw th newsreels after the hurricane. Most of the areas the tour covered (if it's the same tour) have been totally restored. I would say it's well worth your time.

StorySue2003

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone done the Debarkation day city tour that Carnival offers? My flight out that day is late and I though it would be a good way to kill time. TIA for your help!:)

Hi, I live in New Orleans and will tell you that the port of New Orleans is right in the downtown area adjacent to many great attractions. The Aquarium of the Americas is just down from where you will get off the ship. Also, the Riverwalk is great for New Orleans presents and shopping. The Audubon Insectarium is a new attraction that is very popular (and a little unusual!) Also, the French Quarter is very close (like a 2-3 minute taxi ride), so you could run around the Quarter and enjoy some local food. I do not know anything about Carnival's tour being offered, but you can definitely see some of the city on your own before going to the airport.

Mona Wexler

Archived