Has anyone ever done an upsell twice on the same cruise?

sweetpea143

I have tried calling for upsells before and been told that they don't do them and only the fairy can do them. If we wanted to upgrade it would cost list price, even a couple weeks before the cruise

If you're on NCL, make sure you are calling the NCL Upsell Dept. # 1.800.625.4309. It is a totally separate department than the regular sales dept. The regular sales dept. will tell you they don't do upsells which is true.

Start calling 30 days out. If they have nothing available at the time you call. Make sure to ask to be added to the email list or call list. Once you are on the list you will begin to get emails etc. If I get an email and the price is still a little to high. I call them again and thank them for the email and ask them to contact me again if the price lowers. This keeps you in the loop of offers. But keep calling.

As another poster mentioned doing mock reservations on the NCL.com website to see what's available. This is also good advice. You will see what is available and if there is a cabin you really want to be in. Doing this regularly will also let see how well the cabins are selling after an upsell offer. If there aren't many left. You may want to take the available offer at that time. This is especially helpful when you are ready to purchase.

As an example, 30 days out from my cruise. I called the upsell dept. and asked to be put on the list. A few days later I received an email for an upsell but it was still a little out of my price range. I called and thanked them for the offer but mentioned that it was still a little high and would they contact me if the price lowers. At the time there were 8 cabins left on the deck I wanted to be in. A couple of days later I received a lower upsell. I checked ncl.com and there were 7 cabins left. Later that day I check ncl.com again and saw that there were now 3 cabins left and one was the cabin I wanted. I called right away. While I was on the phone the other 2 of the 3 remaining cabins sold. I was very happy with my upsell and glad to get it.

If you really want an Upsell offer. You really need to do a little bit of work to get it and the effort will be worthwhile. Waiting for an upsell deal without any effort on your part is like waiting to win Lotto.

If you're on NCL, make sure you are calling the NCL Upsell Dept. # 1.800.625.4309. It is a totally separate department than the regular sales dept. The regular sales dept. will tell you they don't do upsells which is true.

Start calling 30 days out. If they have nothing available at the time you call. Make sure to ask to be added to the email list or call list. Once you are on the list you will begin to get emails etc. If I get an email and the price is still a little to high. I call them again and thank them for the email and ask them to contact me again if the price lowers. This keeps you in the loop of offers. But keep calling.

As another poster mentioned doing mock reservations on the NCL.com website to see what's available. This is also good advice. You will see what is available and if there is a cabin you really want to be in. Doing this regularly will also let see how well the cabins are selling after an upsell offer. If there aren't many left. You may want to take the available offer at that time. This is especially helpful when you are ready to purchase.

As an example, 30 days out from my cruise. I called the upsell dept. and asked to be put on the list. A few days later I received an email for an upsell but it was still a little out of my price range. I called and thanked them for the offer but mentioned that it was still a little high and would they contact me if the price lowers. At the time there were 8 cabins left on the deck I wanted to be in. A couple of days later I received a lower upsell. I checked ncl.com and there were 7 cabins left. Later that day I check ncl.com again and saw that there were now 3 cabins left and one was the cabin I wanted. I called right away. While I was on the phone the other 2 of the 3 remaining cabins sold. I was very happy with my upsell and glad to get it.

If you really want an Upsell offer. You really need to do a little bit of work to get it and the effort will be worthwhile. Waiting for an upsell deal without any effort on your part is like waiting to win Lotto.

Thank you very much for that. It is greatly appreciated. The way they do upsells have changed drastically since we last tried to get one. We're in a DOS on our next sailing with both villas sold so maybe one of the villas will bail and we can get in that ;-)

Thank you very much for that. It is greatly appreciated. The way they do upsells have changed drastically since we last tried to get one. We're in a DOS on our next sailing with both villas sold so maybe one of the villas will bail and we can get in that ;-)

Keep your eye on the prize! Good Luck!

We are cruising this Sunday, booked a balcony, 2 weeks ago did an upsell to a family suite with a balcony (400pp), just called back and did another upsell to DOS(100pp). . I CANT WAIT TILL SUNDAY!