Anyone just off the Rhapsody?

cruzwpj

Yes- I just got back from the Rhapsody. We had rain in Juneau, but we were good with a sweatshirt and windbreaker over it. We never got to Skagway because the winds were so bad that the captain couldn't dock. They were able to get us into Ketchikan instead, two days later, and the crew all said Ketchikan has more shops. We were disappointed that the excusions we planned for Skagway couldn't be taken.

My youngest daughter went on a hike in Juneau, and she had a lined windbreaker on and was fine.

This is my first post!

Holly in south jersey

Yes- I just got back from the Rhapsody. We had rain in Juneau, but we were good with a sweatshirt and windbreaker over it. We never got to Skagway because the winds were so bad that the captain couldn't dock. They were able to get us into Ketchikan instead, two days later, and the crew all said Ketchikan has more shops. We were disappointed that the excusions we planned for Skagway couldn't be taken.

My youngest daughter went on a hike in Juneau, and she had a lined windbreaker on and was fine.

This is my first post!

Holly in south jersey

We were on the same cruise and we were glad we had 99 cent rain ponchos in Juneau. We went to Mendenhall in the rain and it was well worth it - but we did get wet. Wearing layers is the key. For me it was shirt, sweater, and windbreaker.

BTW, at Mendenhall, we saw a bear and a porcupine - according to the bus driver, the rain makes the glacier's blue really stand out.

I have a ton of photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/pastorscott.com

We were on the same cruise and we were glad we had 99 cent rain ponchos in Juneau. We went to Mendenhall in the rain and it was well worth it - but we did get wet. Wearing layers is the key. For me it was shirt, sweater, and windbreaker.

BTW, at Mendenhall, we saw a bear and a porcupine - according to the bus driver, the rain makes the glacier's blue really stand out.

I have a ton of photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/pastorscott.com

I just realized that when I updated things the last time that some of the albums reverted to private status. I've just made them all public.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pastorscott.com

1686960451_EndicotArm-DawesGlacier-8-17-20094-58-08PM.jpg.e533d03f93289237f62f10b89b14cfd8.jpg

Since you had an inside cabin, was there shampoo, soap etc in the bathroom?

Do you know the name of the piano, duo? I am hoping to see a singer named Sherrie at the vocals and piano.

Thanks

Marcia

Maybe someone else will have the names of the violin/piano duo. I'm sorry I didn't get them because they were terrific. I especially enjoyed a sacred set of music they played on Sunday as we were traveling toward Juneau.

There is shampoo in a mounted dispenser in the shower - no conditioner though. There is also soap, but I'm sure you would guess that.

I guess I'd say that the compensation for the itinerary change was that we were taken to good alternatives. Really, they did us a favor in not dumping us off in Skagway into rain and 50 mph winds! I hated missing that beautiful drive up to Emerald Lake, but I'm not sure I would have wanted to drive up over the pass in a storm.

Archived