ncl epic solo studios

SMSACE6

Any solo cruisers here ever try one of those solo rooms on 'Epic? How did you find them. Im looking at one possibly for Nov/2013. I can get a rate on the Pearl in a regular inside room at 200pc that compares , but I prefer the itin on Epic. I will be calling NCL in the next couple of days to inquire, but in the meantime, if anyone here has personal experience with one of those rooms, I will appreciate all the info, and advice you can offer. And I dont usually spend a lot of time in the room, and dont mind that it is very small. Thanks for any info!:)

Any solo cruisers here ever try one of those solo rooms on 'Epic? How did you find them. Im looking at one possibly for Nov/2013. I can get a rate on the Pearl in a regular inside room at 200pc that compares , but I prefer the itin on Epic. I will be calling NCL in the next couple of days to inquire, but in the meantime, if anyone here has personal experience with one of those rooms, I will appreciate all the info, and advice you can offer. And I dont usually spend a lot of time in the room, and dont mind that it is very small. Thanks for any info!:)

I've been in the studios twice and have third and fourth trips (actually a b2b transatlantic and short Barcelona to Barcelona trip) scheduled for next spring. I recommend the ship and the studios. They are large enough for one person and have adequate storage. The lounge also is nice if you want to meet other solos that you can dine, go to shows, take excursions or just hang with. In addition, a staff person is assigned to the lounge from 5:30 to 6:30 each evening and will probably set up group meals, a visit to the ice bar, and other activities during the week. Be sure to at least go there the first evening so you know what's up. Other than that, I have to say the Epic's entertainment is the best I've run into on any ship. I still haven't had time to do everything I want to. I love the Pearl (going on it in December) but I'd say if you haven't been on the Epic, try it.

Thanks, Im really hoping that my plans work out. I will try for the Epic first, and if that doesnt work, will try for the Pearl. I am so far enjoying so many great reviews of these ships. Thanks for the info.:)

I was in a studio for a 7 day Mediterranean cruise in May. I agree with the previous posts. The rooms are adequate in size for one person. NCL has done well making enough storage along the walls and under the bed.

Concerning the studio lounge, I found there to be more people already traveling in groups who simply wanted their own rooms, rather than solo cruisers. There is a deisgnated staff member who sets up dinner plans and such. However, you are still responsible for charges if these plans include the specialty restauarants ect.

I just returned two weeks ago from the Epic and was truly amazed that I loved the Studios. Being a balcony snob, I had reservations about booking a Studio, but due to prices on the Med cruise for a solo, thought I would give it a try. That being said, I did call NCL a few days before I left to see if a balcony was available and it was not.........which turned out to be a good thing. The cabin is small, but it is larger than what it appears to be in the photos that I have seen. One of the best parts is the Studio Lounge........they keep a supply of food items available so that you don't have to run down to the Garden Cafe area just to get a drink or snack. There is also a vending machine for soft drinks, chips etc.

It is a real easy way to meet other solo travelers as there was usually someone else in the Lounge at the times I was there. Normally I went in after a long day of touring and each evening to meet for dinner. The majority of solos I met were single and traveling alone, not with others. The ages ran from early 20 to late 70, with a mix of men and women. This would definitely depend on each separate cruise. I have already contacted my NCL rep about booking again for December or January.....that is how much I loved that area!

I just returned two weeks ago from the Epic and was truly amazed that I loved the Studios. Being a balcony snob, I had reservations about booking a Studio, but due to prices on the Med cruise for a solo, thought I would give it a try. That being said, I did call NCL a few days before I left to see if a balcony was available and it was not.........which turned out to be a good thing. The cabin is small, but it is larger than what it appears to be in the photos that I have seen. One of the best parts is the Studio Lounge........they keep a supply of food items available so that you don't have to run down to the Garden Cafe area just to get a drink or snack. There is also a vending machine for soft drinks, chips etc.

It is a real easy way to meet other solo travelers as there was usually someone else in the Lounge at the times I was there. Normally I went in after a long day of touring and each evening to meet for dinner. The majority of solos I met were single and traveling alone, not with others. The ages ran from early 20 to late 70, with a mix of men and women. This would definitely depend on each separate cruise. I have already contacted my NCL rep about booking again for December or January.....that is how much I loved that area!

I am Sooooo glad I found your post Oceanbreeze! because like you I have become a balcony (and many times suite) snob! I have my heart set on taking a solo TA cruise next year, and have booked a studio cabin on the Epic. I will skip the anxious call to NCL before sailing next year looking for a balcony bargain - thanks to you!! This will be my 17th cruise, and I have only sailed inside twice ... and I admit that I swore never to do it again! I have learned a couple tricks here on this board, however. One is to leave the TV (with sound muted) tuned to the ship's bow web cam station, and when the sun comes up it will be brighter in the cabin! I am hoping that helps me know what time of day it is (which was my biggest issue with inside cabin I think).

thanks again,

Karen

Thanks everyone for the responses. Im looking forward to a new cruise experience! I am enjoying numerous Epic reviews with photos on the Norwegian message board and really liking it all!:)

BTW, I have booked one of those studios for next year November. it is a long wait, but cant really go before that, so now I have something great to look forward to.

One is to leave the TV (with sound muted) tuned to the ship's bow web cam station, and when the sun comes up it will be brighter in the cabin! I am hoping that helps me know what time of day it is (which was my biggest issue with inside cabin I think).

thanks again,

Karen

Great idea! I'm booked in a studio for the Epic's 11/24 sailing. Will be more than happy to answer any questions when I get back.

• 2 weeks later...

Solo traveller. So I will be trying the Epic soon to check out the studios and lounge, it sounds like a good deal and a good time. Not just the price but caters to solos.

Does anyone know or have heard of RCL doing this with its next ship or after a refurb? I want to stay with RCL for points but cost wise and comfort wise, I think I will like Epic studios.

Archived