Booking Buddy

nglenden

Any one use any of the sites with in booking buddy. I was considering Ultimate fare but I know nothing about them. It is much cheaper there considering we need to fly out Dec 29 for our cruise on the 30th.

Second we have always flown spirit they are way too high right now does anyone know if they will be disounting these times anytime soon?? :confused:

Spirit Airlines

They regularly have sales but generally come with restrictions. Below is a quote from their email from this Thursday.

Celebrate Trudy's 69th Birthday Sale

It's Trudy's birthday and to celebrate we're offering fares from $29* - $99* each way. You see, she may be 69 this year but sometimes she feels like she's 29 and other times she feels like she's 99. Take advantage of these fares and see how you feel when you save big at spiritair.com!

For additional details on these fares which must be booked by 9/11, go here.

Booking Buddy and Ultimate Fares

On BB, note that some sites are online Travel Agencies where it is possible to actually book a flight. Others are meta-search engines which allows one to search flights but they do not actually book tickets for you. Rather, they send you to the site where they obtained the fare/flight in question. Most folks search a number sites in examining fare options and not just one. In general, I would shy away from using an online TA in that it just adds a third party to the transaction. Most would recommend using a meta-search engine and then booking directly with the airline and avoiding the "middleman" and most lilkely various handling fees. In particular, Ultimate Fares adds a handling fee to any ticket you purchase, but the exact amount is not readily ascertained. Their website says that it is any amount up to $24.95. So, why bother? I think that the best site to search for airfares is Kayak.com (note that they and most others do not include Southwest Airlines). Oddly, I see that they are no longer shown on BB.

Archived